Senior Software Engineer (Java) - Manila/Cebu
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2023
At 8x8 Inc. [Nasdaq:EGHT] we put communications at the heart of our business and build technology that allows people to connect anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device. 8x8 CPaaS provides a cloud-based infrastructure and platform to integrate real-time communications capabilities including SMS, chat apps, voice, and video calls into applications, websites, and workflows, using APIs. With 8x8 CPaaS, organizations around the world have successfully unified omnichannel customer communications to optimize their customer experience.
Learn more on our company website at www.8x8.com and follow our pages on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
We are looking for a Senior Java Engineer to join our growing technology team to work on our core Voice and Messaging platforms. This position is based in Philippines (Manila or Cebu). At 8x8, we are committed to delivering the best communication experiences for our customers through cutting-edge technology and exceptional service. As a member of the 8x8 CPaaS Engineering team, you will play a crucial role in the entire life cycle of software product development. You will be challenged with tasks related to concurrency, performance optimization and real time processing.
What will you build?
Being part of a global team of software engineers, we are continuously on the lookout for enhancements to our Voice platform. You will be developing state-of-the-art microservices, based on JVM technologies, which interacts not only with other services but also with some industry-leading open-source software.
How will you do it?
As a software engineer, you’ll be involved in all aspects of development, from inception to delivery. Be it a completely new feature or an enhancement to a feature that is already being loved by our customers, you and your team will enjoy finding the best technical solution, practising agile methodologies. Our Agile Process is continuously improved to support our Continuous Delivery mindset and fast-evolving business needs.
- Code your ideas! Test, review, fix, deploy and celebrate
- Lead change requests and design discussions, participate in code reviewing and mentoring junior engineers
- Conduct the necessary research on new technologies, evaluate, prototype and plan improvements to the platform
- Write technical specs for new services and conduct training sessions
- A computer science degree or equivalent qualifications and at least 6 years of professional software development experience
- Strong background in design and implementation of RESTful APIs, reusable software components and scalable microservices
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Expert knowledge and experience coding in Java, object-oriented programming and design patterns. Think Multi-threaded! Knowledge of concurrency models and best practices
- Knowledge in asynchronous programming, caching technologies (i.e. Redis), message queues (i.e. RabbitMq, Kafka), Java frameworks like Vertx.io or Akka.io, RDBMS, Docker and Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of Linux, Git, SQL and CI tools
- Experience working with SIP stack, SIP servers and other VoIP technologies(desired)
- Experienced in agile methodologies
- Fluency in English (both in writing and speaking) and great communication skills.
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.
See more open positions at 8x8
Something looks off?