Associate Engagement Manager
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
At 8x8 Inc. [Nasdaq:EGHT] we put communications at the heart of our business and build technology that allows people to connect anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device. XCaaS - the 8x8 eXperience Communications Platform - brings together Employee and Customer Experience, enabling hybrid workforces across the globe to connect, collaborate, and delight customers, while providing businesses with real-time communications analytics, intelligence and unique insights.
Learn more on our company website at www.8x8.com and follow our pages on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
The Professional Services (PS) Associate EngagementManager is a key member of the 8x8 PS sales team having responsibility for providing pre-sales professional services support for the 8x8 portfolio. This role will interact directly with all levels of management on customer accounts including the technology team (Manager, Director, etc.) with limited alignment to the executive management team (CEO, CTO, COO, CIO, etc.) The core responsibility of this role is to help identify key customer requirements and present 8x8 services to achieve those requirements
- Lead and oversee review of scoping, planning, cost estimating, and pricing of professional services projects -- This includes partnering with the existing Engagement Management team with statement of work development and risk assessment, including defining goals and objectives, identifying and documenting client requirements, resource requirements, project budget, project risks, and the translation of the client's business requirements into specific deliverables
- Establish and grow a productive relationship with Sales Team to ensure achievement of team goals in new customer acquisition, customer upsell, and customer retention
- Identify sales opportunities and lead PS pre-sales planning, project pricing, bid review, and presentation of sales proposals
- Provide accurate forecasts of Professional Services bookings on a monthly basis
- Provide management reporting on sales pipeline and project portfolio regarding schedule fidelity, adherence to budget, escalation of issues, and perform assigned administrative tasks
- Provide engagement oversight for project portfolio
- Manage day-to-day relationships with client stakeholders and review and resolution of pre-sales deliverables
- Direct and indirect management, coaching, and skills development of PS pre and post sales delivery consultants
- Transfer industry, technical, and product knowledge to customers
- Remain up to date on all current and new 8x8 services offers, solutions and product offerings
- Remain up to date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services
- Degree in a technical or business discipline
- At least 1-4 years' experience in selling and delivering consulting services -- Background in selling and delivering consulting services should be available and allow for examples of engagements where you were the primary leader of solution sales of more than $250,000 per quarter
- Knowledge and demonstrated operating experience in one or more of the following areas of specialization: Voice, Video, Mobile Communications, Fixed Mobile Convergence, or Contact Center
- VoIP, Mobile, and Video background
- Understanding of customer communications requirements for enterprise business markets
- Demonstrated ability in developing proposals, creating value propositions, and selling consulting engagements
- Effective engagement estimation capabilities
- Proven ability to sell follow-on service engagements to existing clients
- Ability to travel occasionally (up to 10%) within assigned geography as required
- Pre-Sales quota carrying experience required
- 8x8 product experience and/or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis are preferred
- Telecommunications delivery services and/or Project Management background and experience is strongly preferred (with telephony emphasis preferred)
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at email@example.com (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.
See more open positions at 8x8
Something looks off?