Senior Backend Engineer
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
At 8x8 Inc. [Nasdaq:EGHT] we put communications at the heart of our business and build technology that allows people to connect anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device. XCaaS - the 8x8 eXperience Communications Platform - brings together Employee and Customer Experience, enabling hybrid workforces across the globe to connect, collaborate, and delight customers, while providing businesses with real-time communications analytics, intelligence and unique insights.
Learn more on our company website at www.8x8.com and follow our pages on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
8x8 Contact Center is a complete Cloud contact center SaaS solution that makes it easy to connect and collaborate with agents, employees, and customers.
It combines world-class omnichannel interactions capabilities, workforce engagement, quality management, outbound dialing, CRM (embedded and external integrations) and many other capabilities.
8x8 Contact Center is fast growing and already serves thousands of Customers spread across all over the globe.
Help us shape the future of Contact Center software by bringing your skills and technical know-how to conquer new and mission-critical challenges in the broader context of a high scalability system. This is a platform-first company, so we will expect from you some inputs and involvement to extend any existing platform component. You will help extend our products and will become part of a team of talented software engineers who are experienced in several technologies and tools that allow them to deliver fast and reliable code.
Highlights of our technology stack:
- Java 17 & SpringBoot;
- Multi-cloud infrastructure Oracle Cloud & AWS;
- Microservices architecture;
- API First (Swagger);
- MySQL, MQTT;
- Redis, GoCD & Jenkins;
- Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes;
- Wavefront, New Relic.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Build robust and scalable API-exposed services in Java;
- Design and create services and system architecture for your projects, and contribute and provide feedback to other team members;
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews;
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products;
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution;
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule- Have a passion for learning new technologies and methodologies;
- Seek excellence and quality in everything that you do.
Are you a good match?
- Strong experience working with microservices;
- A good understanding of distributed systems and event-based architectures;
- A strong Java core knowledge and have been exposed to Java 8/11/17;
- Strong knowledge of the Spring ecosystem: Spring Boot, Spring Cloud;
- Proficiency in database technologies (MySql);
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills;
- Fluent in written and spoken English, with a good understanding of technical terms and effective communication skills.
If the sound of contributing to an award winning product resonates with you, feel free to send in your application!
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.
See more open positions at 8x8
Something looks off?