Staff Backend Java Engineer
Porto District, Portugal
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
At 8x8 Inc. [Nasdaq:EGHT] we put communications at the heart of our business and build technology that allows people to connect anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device. XCaaS - the 8x8 eXperience Communications Platform - brings together Employee and Customer Experience, enabling hybrid workforces across the globe to connect, collaborate, and delight customers, while providing businesses with real-time communications analytics, intelligence and unique insights.
Learn more on our company website at www.8x8.com and follow our pages on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
8x8 Contact Center is a complete Cloud contact center SaaS solution that makes it easy to connect and collaborate with agents, employees, and customers.
It combines world-class omnichannel interactions capabilities, workforce engagement, quality management, outbound dialling, CRM (embedded and external integrations) and many other capabilities.
8x8 Contact Center is fast growing and already serves thousands of Customers spread across all over the globe.
Quick description of our product: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT4AvPlZk1A&t=3s
Help us shape the future of Contact Center software by bringing your skills and technical know-how to conquer new and mission-critical challenges in the broader context of a high scalability system. This is a platform-first company, so we will expect from you some inputs and involvement to extend any existing platform component. You will help extend our products and will become part of a team of talented software engineers who are experienced in several technologies and tools that allow them to deliver fast and reliable code.
Highlights of our technology stack:
- Backend: Java & SpringBoot, MQTT, Redis, Camunda;
- AWS Managed Services;
- Frontend: React JS;
- Infrastructure, configuration and deployment: Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes- Observability: Wavefront, New Relic, Dashbase, Lightstep.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Deliver well-tested, maintainable and scalable software solutions;
- Ensure that we have insights into the health of our production systems;
- Lead technical discovery across our Product services to meet our fast-evolving business needs;
- Coach and mentor engineers, perform code reviews and architectural reviews.
Are you a good match?
- Architecture and Development experience in backend engineering, with a focus on microservice architecture, domain-driven design and RESTful services;
- A good understanding of distributed systems and event-based architectures;
- A strong Java core knowledge and have been exposed to Java 8/11 /17;
- Strong knowledge of the Spring ecosystem: Spring Boot, Spring Cloud;
- Proficiency in database technologies (MySql);
- Experience with CI/CD for application deployment to the Cloud (AWS/OCI) relying on Docker and Kubernetes;
- Experience with monitoring and tracing tools like Wavefront, New Relic, Lightstep, Oracle Logging or similar;
- Strong communication skills, ability to navigate ambiguity and exercise good judgment when making decisions.
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at email@example.com (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.
See more open positions at 8x8
Something looks off?