Senior Technical Support Engineer II (Remote US)
IT, Customer Service
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2023
At 8x8 Inc. [Nasdaq:EGHT] we put communications at the heart of our business and build technology that allows people to connect anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device. XCaaS - the 8x8 eXperience Communications Platform - brings together Employee and Customer Experience, enabling hybrid workforces across the globe to connect, collaborate, and delight customers, while providing businesses with real-time communications analytics, intelligence and unique insights.
Learn more on our company website at www.8x8.com and follow our pages on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
The Senior Technical Support Engineer II will have wide ranging experience, uses professional concepts to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Some barriers to entry exist at this level (e.g., dept/peer review). Level at which career may plateau.
Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
* Skilled in obtaining buy-in from customer on required actions on customer's part
* Able to negotiate with customer and other vendors when the cause of an issue is ambiguous, using solid technical arguments
* Able to present the customers with options, and qualify recommendations using technical and business arguments.
* Able to rapidly escalate high severity issues across Support leadership and other cross-functional teams
* Confident in determining the need of a 'war room' or similarly highly focused cross-functional team, and being able to coordinate the participation of all required parties.
* Able to guide a presentation and discussion to cover all required topics
* Able to deliver negative results empathetically
* Confident communicating with Senior Management and external stakeholders
* Quickly grasps the technical and business implications of the support history for a specific customer and is able to determine/suggest the best communication strategy for the given customer.
Displays ability to translate high level technical details to end user understandable terms and converts irate user to aa advocate through his/her communication skills.
All communications (internal & external) should have good attention to details (ie case updates and knowledge base (KB) articles)
Ability to take and provide constructive internal feedback
Ability to customize your interaction to the individual customer personalities and contexts
Ability to remain calm under pressure and continue effective communications, turning customers from detractors to promoters
Keen problem solver, with ability to think on your feet and look for solutions whilst effectively communicating escalations to internal teams
Ability to anticipate additional potential problems before they impact the customer
Confident communicating with Senior Management and external stakeholders
Own the feedback and communication channel both internally and externally
IP Telephony and Contact Center Solutions:
* Operational knowledge in how IP Telephony and Virtual Contact center solutions interact with other technology in the typical environment (network, business applications, etc)
* Operational knowledge of of Avaya, Mitel and Cisco solutions and how these solutions can be replaced using Cloud based 8x8 products
* Detailed knowledge in all components of cloud technology based applications
8x8 Virtual Office & 8x8 Virtual Call Center:
* Expert in Admin Console of VCC and expert ability to troubleshoot the applications
* Expert in Admin Console of CM/AM/VCC and expert ability to troubleshoot the applications Web Application, Client and Server Side
* Working knowledge of database systems used in 8x8 products, data retrieval (SQL), databases Oracle or similar
""* Ability to filter customer reported bugs qualify and quantify, route to appropriate team if needed, or own all throughout to resolution
* Ability to work with our internal tools and engineering teams to reproduce customer reported problems
* Ability to debug using Kibana, Dashbase and Splunk logs""
* Confident use of PHP MyAdmin, Splunk and Dashbash
* Understand product flows, correlate them with specific customer configurations in order to be able to analyze product logs and conclude resolution for the customer reported issues
* Re Invents or Discovers Gaps in Workflows of Organization and helps management create new processes for better customer experience""
Bachelor’s / Masters degree in a technical field and/or comparable industry certifications or experience
• Defines and drives/facilitates complex change initiatives
• Orchestrates full circle review of change impact to ensure change acceptance
• Communicates changes and potential impact to wider org""
*The compensation range reflects the Company’s good faith belief at the time of posting. 8x8 has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay across the U.S. for this role; the applicable base pay range will depend on what ultimately is determined to be the candidate’s primary work location. Further, individual base pay depends on various factors, in addition to primary work location, such as complexity and responsibility of role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience, knowledge, success, education and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time. Certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including discretionary merit increases, bonus and/or stock. Certain roles have the opportunity to earn sales variable compensation incentives based on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.
See more open positions at 8x8
Something looks off?