Technical Support Engineer (Premium Support)
IT, Customer Service
Posted on Friday, May 5, 2023
At 8x8 Inc. [Nasdaq:EGHT] we put communications at the heart of our business and build technology that allows people to connect anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device. XCaaS - the 8x8 eXperience Communications Platform - brings together Employee and Customer Experience, enabling hybrid workforces across the globe to connect, collaborate, and delight customers, while providing businesses with real-time communications analytics, intelligence and unique insights.
Learn more on our company website at www.8x8.com and follow our pages on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
First line support to the company’s end customers. This is a great opportunity for a driven individual to learn a lot within a tech growing company, use and improve their current level of skill and experience in an Advanced Technical Support environment. This will be accomplished by providing a differentiated, world-class customer experience and top-level technical support for our product, from first-level troubleshooting to training to enable self-service. Customers request assistance via many channels including, phone, email, and customers portal.
- Engage the customer through multiple channels like Phone, Chat, Web, and Email proactively, using case management tools like Salesforce and Jira
- Diagnose and rectify technical problems and queries following first line fix criteria and where possible resolving at first call
- Own support cases, making sure to record, track, and resolve each issue accurately, efficiently, proactively, and with completeness
- Provide configuration review, troubleshooting, fault isolation and root cause analysis for technical issues, using screen-sharing technology.
- Empowering customers by promoting Knowledge base and self service
- Set up new users' accounts and profiles working alongside internal teams
- Work with senior engineers on escalated tickets
- Log and escalate calls with third parties where required, ensuring communication back to the customer
- Manage third party vendors and suppliers
- Capture, structure, reuse, and improve knowledge articles within the case resolution workflow according to Knowledge Centered Service (KCS) methodology
Skills & Experiences Required
- An essential requirement is an inquisitive mind and an enjoyment of problem-solving. We are looking for curiosity, coupled with a desire to make a difference
- Good written and spoken English, with advanced attention to detail
- Good technical knowledge and technical support with a strong customer focus or related experience
- Competent experience with IP and networking technologies.
- Knowledge of IP telephony(VoIP), Session Initiated Protocol (SIP), unified communications.
- Basic knowledge of network routers, switches, firewalls, systems and tools, and the ability to independently debug broad, complex, Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks(WAN)
- Exceptional customer service and confident communication skills, customizing your interaction to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Enthusiastic Self-Learner with good analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think on your feet
- Prioritization skills and capability to make high impact decisions while multitasking
- Flex and take on ad hoc projects and cases to challenge growth and learning
- Experience providing support in a customer-facing role
- Team player with a positive attitude
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.
See more open positions at 8x8
Something looks off?