Accounting & Finance
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
At 8x8 Inc. [Nasdaq:EGHT] we put communications at the heart of our business and build technology that allows people to connect anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device. XCaaS - the 8x8 eXperience Communications Platform - brings together Employee and Customer Experience, enabling hybrid workforces across the globe to connect, collaborate, and delight customers, while providing businesses with real-time communications analytics, intelligence and unique insights.
Learn more on our company website at www.8x8.com and follow our pages on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
8x8 is experiencing growth and seeks an experienced leader for its Accounting organization. This leader will be based at 8x8s’s global headquarters in Campbell, CA, or remotely, and will play a pivotal role in supporting 8x8’s continued focus on profitable growth and scaling business operations.
The successful candidate will manage a team of professionals across multiple regions, with a focus on supporting delivering high quality financial reporting and efficient accounting operations. Additionally, the successful candidate will build strong cross functional relationships and be viewed as a thought partner for new endeavors of the company. Lastly, a successful candidate will be able to thoughtfully plan and execute the integration of acquisitions.
Here's what you'll do:
- Manage global accounting function
· Develop and refine accounting policies and processes to drive scale in the accounting organization
· Have ownership and accountability for all processes related to technical accounting, SEC reporting, month-end close and consolidation, general accounting activities, accounts payable, fixed assets, and balance sheet reconciliations
· Oversee banking policies and accounts payable function
- Review and approve cash JEs, and reconciliations including cash, fixed assets, prepaid, internally developed software, sales commission accruals and deferrals, debt, intangibles, leases etc.
- Manage weekly cash reporting, lead the weekly cash meeting, generate and consolidate global ST/LT cash forecast, manage the global cash to meet the target.
· Evaluate and continually improve accounting procedures, processes and systems to ensure standardized worldwide close process and efficient operations
· Lead quarterly, annual, and periodic SEC filings, including coordination with Legal and external auditors·
- Ensure accurate presentation of financial statements and disclosures in accordance with US GAAP and SEC rules
- Ensure Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance in accounting operation processes·
-Perform technical accounting research, research new pronouncements, and implement new processes and procedures to ensure compliance with new standards
· Support internal and external audits and regulatory examinations
Your Experience should include:
- BS in Accounting, CPA preferred, experience in public accounting a plus.
· 12+ years direct experience in a corporate headquarters accounting organization
· Experience with M&A accounting and integration
· Strong problem solving skills with the initiative to research and resolve issues independently·
-Strong written and oral communication skills
-Excellent attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy·
- Experience with Netsuite
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing.
- Experience with systems migrations/implementations.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, Sum if, etc.)
- Experience with M&A including post-merger integration.
- Solid data analysis and problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Great communicator that can build strong working relationships with cross-functional teams and external advisors.
*The compensation range reflects the Company’s good faith belief at the time of posting. 8x8 has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay across the U.S. for this role; the applicable base pay range will depend on what ultimately is determined to be the candidate’s primary work location. Further, individual base pay depends on various factors, in addition to primary work location, such as complexity and responsibility of role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience, knowledge, success, education and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time. Certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including discretionary merit increases, bonus and/or stock. Certain roles have the opportunity to earn sales variable compensation incentives based on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.
See more open positions at 8x8
Something looks off?