Sr. DevOps Engineer
United Kingdom · Remote
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
At 8x8 Inc. [Nasdaq:EGHT] we put communications at the heart of our business and build technology that allows people to connect anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device. XCaaS - the 8x8 eXperience Communications Platform - brings together Employee and Customer Experience, enabling hybrid workforces across the globe to connect, collaborate, and delight customers, while providing businesses with real-time communications analytics, intelligence and unique insights.
Learn more on our company website at www.8x8.com and follow our pages on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Sr. DevOps Engineer - Infrastructure
Location: United Kingdom (only)
8x8 is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our growing worldwide team of engineers responsible for building and maintaining our hybrid-cloud infrastructure platform. This is a highly technical and challenging position that requires a generalist mindset, a strong DevOps foundation, a mind for automation and self-service, solid network and systems experience in large (15,000+ hosts) environments, public and private cloud experience, and experience working with Git workflows. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and supportive team player and can evangelize DevOps best practices across the organization.
• Analyze, design, develop and maintain automation across multiple environments
• Own/enhance large and complex Terraform and Ansible automation projects
• Manage/maintain key infrastructure services across a global, multi-cloud infrastructure
• Collaborate on new platform projects/initiatives
• Share, learn, PoC, and document innovative DevOps technologies with the team
• Participate in production on-call rotation
Required skills and qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree, college or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of scripting/development experience (any language - Bash, Python, Go preferred)
• 3+ years of experience writing reusable Ansible playbooks/roles and Terraform modules
• 5+ years experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Rundeck, AWX (Bonus: Atlantis)
• 5+ years of Linux systems administration, management, and tuning
• Experience and understanding of DNS function, configuration, services, servers, and protocols (Bonus: Bind, Route53, PowerDNS)
• Expertise and understanding of SSL/TLS, certificates, and PKI
• Hband on experience working with Git repositories, common Git workflows, and GitOps
• Strong understanding of RESTful API concepts, tools, and technologies
• Strong understanding of Internet networking concepts and protocols
• Demonstrated public cloud/AWS experience (Bonus: GCP and/or OCI)
• Display understanding of monitoring technologies (Bonus: CheckMK, New Relic, Prometheus)
• Prooved understanding of load balancers (Bonus: Cloudflare, F5, Citrix, HAProxy)
• Demonstrated understanding of storage technologies (Bonus: iSCSI, Pure Storage)
• Experience with VMware enterprise environments (vCenter, ESXi, etc.)
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• English fluency
• Experience with Kubernetes, especially in private cloud environments
• Proficient in managing secrets using Hashicorp Vault, Amazon Secrets Manager, etc.
• Experience with patch management tools/processes
• Understanding of system hardening, security, and compliance standards
• Database experience (RDBMS or other)
For a closer look into what life at 8x8 UK Ltd. is about check out our Instagram page.
8x8 believes diversity makes our company stronger which is why we are a proud equal opportunities employer and encourage all of our staff to bring their authentic selves to work. We believe in fairness which is why we have been a member of the Living Wage Foundation for many years and we believe in security so reserve the right to undertake background checks on anyone that we extend an employment offer to. For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.
See more open positions at 8x8
Something looks off?