Technical Support Engineer
IT, Customer Service
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2023
At 8x8 Inc. [Nasdaq:EGHT] we put communications at the heart of our business and build technology that allows people to connect anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device. XCaaS - the 8x8 eXperience Communications Platform - brings together Employee and Customer Experience, enabling hybrid workforces across the globe to connect, collaborate, and delight customers, while providing businesses with real-time communications analytics, intelligence and unique insights.
Learn more on our company website at www.8x8.com and follow our pages on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Tier One Technical Support Engineer
Location: hybrid (2x WFH, 3x in the office - Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire)
First-line support to the company’s end customers. This is a great opportunity for a driven individual to learn a lot within a tech-growing company, and use and improve their current level of skill and experience in an Advanced Technical Support environment. This will be accomplished by providing a differentiated, world-class customer experience and top-level technical support for our product, from first-level troubleshooting to training to enable self-service. Customers request assistance via many channels including, phone, email, and customers portal.
You have a passion for solving problems and helping our customers. You must be able to quickly get to the root of customer problems by gathering all the necessary information, investigating and either resolving the customer’s issue or redirecting/escalating to the correct tier within the organization. Customer experience is key and therefore being able to work with SLAs and keeping departmental and personal KPIs in mind is imperative.
• Engage the customer through multiple channels like Phone, Chat, Web, and Email proactively, using case management tools like Salesforce and Jira
• Diagnose and rectify technical problems and queries following first-line fix criteria and where possible resolving at the first call
• Own support cases, making sure to record, track, and resolve each issue accurately, efficiently, proactively, and with completeness
• Provide configuration review, troubleshooting, fault isolation and root cause analysis for technical issues, using screen-sharing technology.
• Empowering customers by promoting a Knowledge base and self-service
• Set up new users' accounts and profiles working alongside internal teams
• Work with senior engineers on escalated tickets
• Log and escalate calls with third parties where required, ensuring communication back to the customer
• Manage third-party vendors and suppliers
• Capture, structure, reuse, and improve knowledge articles within the case resolution workflow according to the knowledge-centred Service (KCS) methodology
Skills & Experiences Required
• An essential requirement is an inquisitive mind and an enjoyment of problem-solving. We are
looking for curiosity, coupled with a desire to make a difference:
• Good written and spoken English, with advanced attention to detail
• Good technical knowledge and technical support with a strong customer focus or related
• Competent experience with IP and networking technologies. Knowledge of IP telephony (VoIP), Session Initiated Protocol (SIP), and unified communications.
• Basic knowledge of network routers, switches, firewalls, systems and tools, and the ability to
independently debug broad, complex, Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks
• Exceptional customer service and confident communication skills, customizing your
interaction with both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Enthusiastic Self-Learner with good analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to
think on your feet
• Prioritization skills and capability to make high-impact decisions while multitasking
• Flex and take on ad hoc projects and cases to challenge growth and learning
• Experience providing support in a customer-facing role
• Team player with a positive attitude
09:00-17:30 GMT Mon-Fri
For a closer look into what life at 8x8 UK Ltd. is about check out our Instagram page.
8x8 believes diversity makes our company stronger which is why we are a proud equal opportunities employer and encourage all of our staff to bring their authentic selves to work. We believe in fairness which is why we have been a member of the Living Wage Foundation for many years and we believe in security so reserve the right to undertake background checks on anyone that we extend an employment offer to. For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.
See more open positions at 8x8
Something looks off?