Business Intelligence Developer
Software Engineering, Sales & Business Development, Operations, Data Science
India · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
At 8x8 Inc. [Nasdaq:EGHT] we put communications at the heart of our business and build technology that allows people to connect anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device. XCaaS - the 8x8 eXperience Communications Platform - brings together Employee and Customer Experience, enabling hybrid workforces across the globe to connect, collaborate, and delight customers, while providing businesses with real-time communications analytics, intelligence and unique insights.
Learn more on our company website at www.8x8.com and follow our pages on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
- Apply technical expertise to architect solutions that meet business and IT needs and enable the data platform to scale to support additional use cases
- Execute on building data solutions for business intelligence and assist in effectively managing and monitoring the data ecosystem of analytics, data lakes, warehouses, platforms, and tools
- Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget.
- Work closely with cross-functional global teams for development and support.
- Demonstrate teamwork in a distributed organization structure.
- Monitor and support daily workflow executions during India time zone.
Required Expertise and Skillsets
- Strong IT knowledge in Business Intelligence domain
- Possesses relevant experience in Matillion & Snowflake tool set
- Strong understanding of data warehouse/data marts and ETL, star/snowflake dimensional modelling, slowly changing dimensions
- Extensive experience with cloud platforms data warehouses technologies like Snowflake, Redshift and experience with Cloud integration tools like Matillion
- Extensive SQL experience including stored procedures, complex joins, creation of views, and database scripting
- Expertise in navigating various types of database models to build data sets for analytics and model training and development.
- Working experience in an Agile Project Development team
Beneficial Expertise & Skillset
- Proficiency in Python scripting language used for data engineering is an added advantage.
- Hands on experience in Integration tool like Boomi is a plus.
- Hands on experience in AWS tool set like Glue, Lamda etc., is a plus.
- Experience with end-user-facing business intelligence tools like Tableau is a plus.
- Implementation experience in MDM and Data Governance tools (like Collibra, Alation etc.,) is a plus.
- Degree in Computer Science or in an analytical or operational field (e.g. business or economics) or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to apply quantitative analysis techniques to real-world business problems
- Ability to lead initiatives across a diverse, geographically dispersed, multicultural environment.
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.
See more open positions at 8x8
Something looks off?