Mid Java Backend Developer (Tools and Productivity)
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
At 8x8 Inc. [Nasdaq:EGHT] we put communications at the heart of our business and build technology that allows people to connect anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device. XCaaS - the 8x8 eXperience Communications Platform - brings together Employee and Customer Experience, enabling hybrid workforces across the globe to connect, collaborate, and delight customers, while providing businesses with real-time communications analytics, intelligence and unique insights.
Learn more on our company website at www.8x8.com and follow our pages on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking an experienced Back End Java Developer to join our internal engineering tooling team (TAP team). The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing software solutions to improve the efficiency of our development and engineering processes. In this role, you will be working with different departments and product owners across the company to improve productivity and internal processes.
What you’ll do at 8x8:
- Design and develop high-quality software solutions using SpringBoot and REST API technologies
- Collaborate with the internal engineering tooling team to understand business requirements and implement solutions
- Implement software solutions that meet performance, scalability, and reliability requirements
- Ensure software solutions are secure and maintain a high level of security
- Write clean, maintainable, and testable code
- Participate in code and design reviews to ensure code quality and maintain coding standards
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices and emerging technologies
- Troubleshoot and debug software issues and resolve them in a timely manner
What you bring to the team:
- Strong experience in Java development and SpringBoot
- Experience with REST API development
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with Git and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) tools (Jenkins)
- Knowledge of cloud computing and microservices architecture is a plus
Some perks you’ll get to enjoy if you join us:
- 25 annual leave days. Additional 1 leave day for every 2 complete years of employment (max. up to 5 days)
- Bank Holidays (Public Holidays) during the weekend, are observed on weekdays
- Private Healthcare Insurance (including dental), Group Life Insurance, Private Pension
- Telecom allowance, Newborn allowance, Christmas and Easter Allowance
- Meal Tickets, Flexible Benefits Platform
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Meet the Manager - Q&A with Slobodan Miskovic
Q: What are you most excited about working with your team and at 8x8 in general?
A: Working with a highly talented and motivated team always ready to help and collaborate. 8x8 is a leader in a rapidly growing and evolving industry, focused on providing seamless and integrated communication solutions for businesses. Working for 8x8 gives you the opportunity to make a real impact on the way businesses communicate and collaborate. The services provided by 8x8 play a crucial role in enabling organizations to streamline their communication processes and improve efficiency, which can have a direct and positive impact on their bottom line.
Another exciting aspect of working in this industry is the opportunity to work with a diverse range of clients and industries, from small startups to large multinational corporations.
Q: Can you give us an overview of what this team member will be responsible for?
A: The new team member will be responsible for designing and implementing software solutions to improve the efficiency of our development and engineering processes, using SpringBoot and REST API technologies to build high-quality and scalable systems.
Q: What are the best/most rewarding parts of the role?
A: Chance to work on challenging and complex projects using cutting-edge technologies. Working on internal tooling projects can be highly rewarding, as it allows you to make a tangible impact on the business and see the results of your efforts firsthand. Working in an TAP team as a Back End Software Developer offers a unique opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the organization, grow professionally, and be part of a supportive and dynamic team environment. Being part of a TAP team can provide stability and security, as we are often responsible for maintaining critical systems and processes within the organization. This provides peace of mind and a sense of satisfaction, knowing that your work is helping to keep the organization running smoothly.
For a closer look into what life at 8x8 International and the Cluj office look like check out our Instagram page.
8x8 believes diversity makes our company stronger which is why we are a proud equal opportunities employer and encourage all of our staff to bring their authentic selves to work. We believe in fairness and we believe in security so reserve the right to undertake background checks on anyone that we extend an employment offer to.
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.
See more open positions at 8x8
Something looks off?