Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
Software Engineering, Quality Assurance
United Kingdom · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
At 8x8 Inc. [Nasdaq:EGHT] we put communications at the heart of our business and build technology that allows people to connect anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device. XCaaS - the 8x8 eXperience Communications Platform - brings together Employee and Customer Experience, enabling hybrid workforces across the globe to connect, collaborate, and delight customers, while providing businesses with real-time communications analytics, intelligence and unique insights.
Learn more on our company website at www.8x8.com and follow our pages on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
Location: UK - office visits 1x - a week (London)
We are looking to hire talented Quality Assurance Automation Engineers to join our growing technology team in the UK. This is an exciting opportunity to become a member of the 8x8 engineering team that is involved in the entire life cycle of development.
Our Virtual Contact Center solution enables organizations to easily and cost-efficiently manage multiple, geographically dispersed agents. This powerful, easy-to-use, cloud-based solution improves customer interactions and agent productivity.
The web application that we created is a simple and efficient solution offering not only world-class contact centre capabilities but also workforce optimization and unified communications.
You will be part of a large, highly qualified and experienced team, working in an Agile environment.
• Design and implement automated test cases for new features based on User stories' acceptance criteria
• Maintain existing test automation suites and keep them up to date (data, steps, flags, level, etc.)
• Execute test cases across the functional areas of the application
• Troubleshoot, analyze and isolate defects and report them to an issue and project tracking software
• Investigate, reproduce and characterize defects and test failures resulting from customer feedback
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams proactively
• Good knowledge of Quality Assurance terms, standards, strategies and procedures
• Proven experience with implementing automated end-to-end UI-based tests with Java (Spring) and Selenium web driver, Gherkin/Cucumber Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
• Hands on experience with testing and validating REST APis with Postman (or similar) and automating the testing of these APIs in Java.
• Good knowledge of all the REST APis concepts
• At ease with git, Github, pull requests, and code review process
• Experience with CI/CD tooling like Jenkins, GoCD
• Good test design, clean and reusable code implementation
• Familiar with various design and architectural patterns in the testing
• Experience working in an agile environment, scrum, kanban
• Experience in using Jira, Confluence
• Fast learner, can quickly learn new technologies and processes
Nice to have
• Testing Certifications (ISTQB or similar), BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
• Proficient in performance testing and tooling (i.e. Jmeter, Gatling, Artillery)
• Experience with working with SpringBoot based java automation frameworks
• Knowledge and experience of VoIP protocols, SIP, RTP, webrtc
• Experience with automating UI tests for MicroFrontend-based applications
• Exposure to containerised services and infrastructure(i.e. Docker, Kubernetes)
• Awareness of cloud infrastructure and configuration (AWS, Oracle Cloud)
Working at 8x8
• Industry-leading, award-winning technology and recognized on two Gartner Magic Quadrants
• Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
• Encouragement and environment to make a difference
• Fun – check out our Instagram posts, the smiles are real
• Deep passion for doing the best for our customers, giving them the best service and the best technology
For a closer look into what life at 8x8 UK Ltd. is about check out our Instagram page.
8x8 believes diversity makes our company stronger which is why we are a proud equal opportunities employer and encourage all of our staff to bring their authentic selves to work. We believe in fairness which is why we have been a member of the Living Wage Foundation for many years and we believe in security so reserve the right to undertake background checks on anyone that we extend an employment offer to. For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.