Technical Program Manager
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
At 8x8 Inc. [Nasdaq:EGHT] we put communications at the heart of our business and build technology that allows people to connect anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device. XCaaS - the 8x8 eXperience Communications Platform - brings together Employee and Customer Experience, enabling hybrid workforces across the globe to connect, collaborate, and delight customers, while providing businesses with real-time communications analytics, intelligence and unique insights.
Learn more on our company website at www.8x8.com and follow our pages on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager to join our R&D center in Cluj. This is a uniquely challenging position in our organization, as it combines excellent Program Management skills with strong Scrum Master abilities that are pivotal to the fast-paced development and launch of 8x8 products.
The position is part of the 8x8 Product Management Office organization (PMO), that plays a critical role in our fast-paced Enterprise SaaS Environment. The PMO organization ensures the successful launch of our products, tracked by meeting stated schedule, availability for sales, and is a key contributor to the delivery of successful end to end customer experience, both pre-and post-sales.
The main focus of your activity will be to ensure the launch of our products on schedule, with superior product quality, and maximum customer availability. You will drive multiple product development teams and work closely with other cross-functional organizations within 8x8 to drive strategic product initiatives to the market.
- Driving agile team execution and following Agile methodology in execution;
- Managing team blockers, overall velocity, scrum of scrums planning/stand up, release planning, and project cadence;
- Driving teams in adopting 8x8 Agile methodology across multiple teams;
- Coaching product owners to create product vision and roadmap;
- Supporting team in converting existing Product Requirement documents to Jira Product backlog;
- Driving team members in writing effective user stories and estimation. Drive improvement in team velocity;
- Managing bug triage processes and extend Program management processes to align with new product introduction framework;
- Measuring team velocity by tracking value points in sprints and share insight / retrospective learning across the organization;
- Embracing the scrum framework, identify and resolve impediments; track continuous improvement;
- Working with operating committee on initiatives to support agile transformations across business units.
- Scrum Master experience;
- Demonstrated experience delivering product successfully with KPI metrics;
- Delivering projects using Agile or Kanban methodology is an absolute must;
- Must be well versed with agile roles and artifacts;
- Strong experience with using Jira;
- Business, as opposed to engineering bent will be helpful;
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal);
- Demonstrate a successful track record in driving agile team developments with product quality in a fast-paced environment.
Working at 8x8:
- Industry leading, award winning technology and recognized on two Gartner Magic Quadrants;
- Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality;
- Encouragement and environment to make a difference;
- Fun – check out our Instagram posts in the UK, Romania and the US, the smiles are real;
- Deep passion for doing the best for our customers, giving them the best service and the best technology.
- 25 annual leave days. Additional vacation of 1 leave day for every 2 complete years of employment (max. up to 5 days);
- Performance bonus, Christmas and Easter Allowance;
- Private Pension, Group Life Insurance, Private Healthcare, Telecom allowance, Newborn allowance;
- Flexible benefits online platform through Benefit Online;
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
For a closer look into what life at 8x8 International and the Cluj office look like check out our Instagram page.
8x8 believes diversity makes our company stronger which is why we are a proud equal opportunities employer and encourage all of our staff to bring their authentic selves to work. We believe in fairness and we believe in security so reserve the right to undertake background checks on anyone that we extend an employment offer to.
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.
See more open positions at 8x8
Something looks off?