DevOps Engineer (Cloud Ops)
Software Engineering, Operations
Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2023
At 8x8 Inc. [Nasdaq:EGHT] we put communications at the heart of our business and build technology that allows people to connect anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device. XCaaS - the 8x8 eXperience Communications Platform - brings together Employee and Customer Experience, enabling hybrid workforces across the globe to connect, collaborate, and delight customers, while providing businesses with real-time communications analytics, intelligence and unique insights.
Learn more on our company website at www.8x8.com and follow our pages on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to act as a subject matter expert responsible for building, deploying and continuously supporting the 8x8 Cloud Backend platform and services. The role is highly technical and balanced between engineering and operations roles. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can act independently, lead other team members, and represent operations core values across the organization while ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
What you’ll do at 8x8:
- You’ll help drive, implement, support and maintain infrastructure services used by 8x8 with a primary focus on Cloud deployments (primarily AWS).
- Develop and support consistent deployment/management practices across public and private Cloud.
- Harden and secure the Cloud deployments with monitoring and auditing tooling.
- Contribute in the automation of CI and deployments in a consistent and reliable way
- Work closely with application teams in ensuring best practices are followed and the infrastructure automation can be self-service
- Plan, implement, support and continuously improve Private Cloud Platform and public clouds environment (AWS/Azure) with focus on enhancing the scalability, reliability, performance, and availability of the hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Automation: Write and maintain automation scripts and leverage configuration management to increase system efficiency and speed the deployment and upgrades of cloud systems. (Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible, etc)
- Document the design, operation and troubleshooting of cloud technology platforms and procedures.
- Implement monitoring for the Cloud platform along with self healing automation where applicable.
- Providing system analysis and recommended solutions for environment performance needs.
- Participate in on-call when needed to support the infrastructure and our systems
What you bring to the team:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or relevant field experience.
- 3-5 years of experience with DevOps technologies, cloud-based provisioning, monitoring, and troubleshooting (preferably in AWS and/or Azure).
- Solid experience in AWS VPCs, EC2, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, EKS, K8s, Cloudformation, Lambda and IAM policies mastering in large-scale deployments.
- Highly proficient administering a Linux environment, including configuration of networking and security.
- Demonstrable expertise around specifying, designing, and implementing system health, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools for 24x7 environments.
- Strong debugging and systems analysis skills around identification and rapid issue resolution
- Experience implementing CI/CD strategies & Container deployments.
- Experience using Engineering tools like Jenkins, Git, Argo CD
- Experience with system management automation tools like Chef, Ansible, Terraform.
- Scripting skills including bash, python, ruby, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a geographically dispersed team
Some perks you’ll get to enjoy if you join us:
- Private Healthcare
- Transit Allowance
- Meal Allowance & Weekly Lunch
- Flexible Working Schedule
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Employee engagement activities and events
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.