Business Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, August 4, 2023
At 8x8 Inc. [Nasdaq:EGHT] we put communications at the heart of our business and build technology that allows people to connect anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device. XCaaS - the 8x8 eXperience Communications Platform - brings together Employee and Customer Experience, enabling hybrid workforces across the globe to connect, collaborate, and delight customers, while providing businesses with real-time communications analytics, intelligence and unique insights.
Learn more on our company website at www.8x8.com and follow our pages on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
We are seeking enthusiastic Business Development Representatives. In this role you will identify and generate sales opportunities through both inbound and outbound calling activities. This is a high-energy position that requires a relentless drive, an unyielding desire to continually get better and a hunter mentality. The right candidates will be able to think out-of-the-box, initiate relaxed and effective phone conversations with prospects, and are motivated overachievers. We seek individuals who are positive, passionate, competitive, are coachable, and want a career in Hi-Tech sales.
You will be provided extensive formal training, weekly ongoing training, and have the opportunity to be closely mentored and professionally developed by ADR Leadership, Sales Executives, and more seasoned sales professionals.
- Generate qualified leads, inbound and outbound, and identify client's needs and suggest appropriate solutions
- Qualify inbound prospects based upon agreed criteria
- Outbound prospecting to drive opportunities with named accounts
- Meet/exceed Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Metrics for Weekly Prospecting Activities
- 1-2 years sales or account development related experience (preferred)
- Ideally, experience with commission sales
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fearless - willing to hop on the phone with new people every single day
- Strong desire to compete and win
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and powerful phone presence
- Ability to overcome rejection
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex issues clearly
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Desire to work in a high energy, fast paced, and collaborative team environment
*The compensation range reflects the Company’s good faith belief at the time of posting. 8x8 has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay across the U.S. for this role; the applicable base pay range will depend on what ultimately is determined to be the candidate’s primary work location. Further, individual base pay depends on various factors, in addition to primary work location, such as complexity and responsibility of role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience, knowledge, success, education and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time. Certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including discretionary merit increases, bonus and/or stock. Certain roles have the opportunity to earn sales variable compensation incentives based on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.