Business Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Northern Ireland, UK · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, August 9, 2023
At 8x8 Inc. [Nasdaq:EGHT] we put communications at the heart of our business and build technology that allows people to connect anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device. XCaaS - the 8x8 eXperience Communications Platform - brings together Employee and Customer Experience, enabling hybrid workforces across the globe to connect, collaborate, and delight customers, while providing businesses with real-time communications analytics, intelligence and unique insights.
Learn more on our company website at www.8x8.com and follow our pages on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
We are seeking a BDR who has a high level of grit. In this role, you will be tasked with identifying and generating sales opportunities through primarily calling activities. The right candidate will be one who is a highly motivated overachiever that seeks to learn the craft of sales development in order to embark on a highly lucrative career in high-tech sales or BDR Management. We value individuals that aim high.
This is a high-energy position that requires a relentless drive, an unyielding desire to continually get better, and a hunter mentality. We seek an individual who is very positive, enthusiastic, results-driven, and coachable.
8x8 is well-known, industry-wide, for having one of the most aggressive and structured BDR-to-AE career path models. We do not just want you to become an AE, we want you to become a Rockstar AE. In addition to very extensive and ongoing BDR training, upon starting, you will attend the same Sales Bootcamp as our AE team. You will also take the same sales course that our AE’s take- -Value Selling. Throughout your BDR journey, you will be mentored and coached in sales methodology systematically to ensure success. And much more.
- Meet/exceed Sales Accepted and Sales Qualified Leads (SAL & SQL) goals on a monthly basis
- Meet/exceed Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Metrics for Weekly Prospecting Activities
- Qualify inbound prospects to the correct agreed-upon criteria with the sales organization
- Outbound prospecting to drive opportunities
- Host Hand-off calls/video meetings involving prospects, Account Executives, & Solution Consultants
- 1+ year of post-college experience in a corporate environment
- SaaS industry experience (nice to have)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fearlessness - willing to hop on the phone with new people every single day
- Drive, Grit, Scrappiness: a strong desire to compete and win
- Exceptional phone presence and demonstrated ability to handle rejection
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex issues clearly
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills. You should be a great writer, speaker, and listener
- Ability to work in a high-energy, fast-paced, and collaborative team environment
- Ability to work remotely and motivate yourself outside of an office environment
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.