IT, Accounting & Finance
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
At 8x8 Inc. [Nasdaq:EGHT] we put communications at the heart of our business and build technology that allows people to connect anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device. XCaaS - the 8x8 eXperience Communications Platform - brings together Employee and Customer Experience, enabling hybrid workforces across the globe to connect, collaborate, and delight customers, while providing businesses with real-time communications analytics, intelligence and unique insights.
Learn more on our company website at www.8x8.com and follow our pages on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
8x8 has an outstanding opportunity for a Payroll Analyst. The ideal candidate will have proven experience with support activities associated with the administration, reporting, auditing, and delivery of payroll services to operations and management. This person will research and advise staff concerning the accounting treatment of complex transactions such as payroll-related accounting, tax administration, and financial reporting for Canada and the US.
What you'll do:
- •Process bi-weekly multi-state and Semi-Monthly Canada payrolls for salaried and hourly employees and ensure the overall accuracy of employee data entry.
- •Calculate and process timecards and corrections.
- •Calculate and process off-cycle manual checks.
- •Process leaves of absence and terminations with accuracy according to state laws.
- •Process stop payments, reversals, and replacements.
- •Assist employees and managers with time and attendance
- •Review and respond timely to tickets, telephone calls, e-mails, and mail.
- •Analyze and respond to complex matters requiring comprehensive knowledge of payroll policies and procedures
- •Prepare and book payroll related journal entries for US and international payroll related accruals (quarterly bonus, spot bonus, payroll taxes, commissions, etc.)
- •Perform month-end, quarter-end and year end close in accordance with the close schedule.
- •Reconcile and analyze general ledger accounts consistent with GAAP and corporate accounting policies
- •Support SOX compliance-related projects
- •Establish and maintain cooperative team working relationships.
- •Assist in preparation of reports for various audits
- •Assist with ad hoc projects
What you bring:
- •Bachelor’s degree or CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) preferred.
- •Minimum 3 year’s recent hands-on Canada and US payroll experience required.
- •Knowledge of ADP WFN and Workday strongly preferred.
- •Strong Excel skills required.
- •High-level understanding of systems and how they interface.
- •Exposure to a high transaction volume and multi-task work environment required.
- •Strong analytical skills with an ability to detect inconsistencies in data.
- •Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- •Experience with audit procedures, tax, and accounting practices is preferred.
- •Understand how to interpret company policies and procedures.
- •Knowledge of the functions of a multi-state payroll environment as well as Provincial tax and individual Province tax within Canada.
- •Deal tactfully and courteously with employees and other staff when explaining the functions and policies in the Payroll Department.
- •Maintain confidential information when required by legal and ethical standards of professionalism to ensure privacy of employee records.
*The compensation range reflects the Company’s good faith belief at the time of posting. 8x8 has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay across the U.S. for this role; the applicable base pay range will depend on what ultimately is determined to be the candidate’s primary work location. Further, individual base pay depends on various factors, in addition to primary work location, such as complexity and responsibility of role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience, knowledge, success, education and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time. Certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including discretionary merit increases, bonus and/or stock. Certain roles have the opportunity to earn sales variable compensation incentives based on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.