Revenue Accounting Manager
Accounting & Finance
Remote, OR, USA · United States
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
At 8x8 Inc. [Nasdaq:EGHT] we put communications at the heart of our business and build technology that allows people to connect anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device. XCaaS - the 8x8 eXperience Communications Platform - brings together Employee and Customer Experience, enabling hybrid workforces across the globe to connect, collaborate, and delight customers, while providing businesses with real-time communications analytics, intelligence and unique insights.
Learn more on our company website at www.8x8.com and follow our pages on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
The Manager of Revenue Accounting will report to the Senior Manager of Revenue Accounting.
The role will interact internally with Sales, Billing, FP&A, Legal, and Business Operations. The ideal candidate is a hands-on, team player who is process driven, highly detail oriented, and strives for continuous improvement.
What You'll Do
- • Review sales arrangements in detail, identifying any non-standard terms to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and ASC 606
- • Key contributor in the revenue close process; prepare revenue and deferred revenue analyses, reconciliations, and related journal entries, including project accounting for services under percentage of completion.
- • Document and support revenue recognition treatment/conclusion including working through any system impacts
- • Identify and drive process improvement opportunities in the Revenue arena
- • Assist with annual financial audits, including preparation of revenue schedules and providing supporting documents to the external auditors
- • As a subject matter expert, partner with cross-functional business partners such as sales, service operations, legal, and product teams, in respect to a variety of company initiatives (e.g. sales deal structure, new product introduction, system enhancement, and process improvement)
- • Assess, improve, implement, and monitor key revenue related processes and SOX controls
- • Participate in other management analysts and reporting projects
What We're Looking For
- • A strong desire to learn, an inquisitive mind, ability to work relatively independently with guidance, and a sense of humor
- • Bachelors degree in Accounting or higher
- • 4+ years of relevant work experience (public company experience is a plus)
- • Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP, specifically ASC 606 in relation to a SaaS business
- • Advanced MS Excel skills
- • Ability to effectively communicate and partner cross-functionally
- • Ability to work independently and meet strict deadlines
- • Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- • Organized and detail oriented
- • Big 4 public accounting experience and a CPA license are plus
- • Experience with Salesforce and NetSuite is a plus
*The compensation range reflects the Company’s good faith belief at the time of posting. 8x8 has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay across the U.S. for this role; the applicable base pay range will depend on what ultimately is determined to be the candidate’s primary work location. Further, individual base pay depends on various factors, in addition to primary work location, such as complexity and responsibility of role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience, knowledge, success, education and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time. Certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including discretionary merit increases, bonus and/or stock. Certain roles have the opportunity to earn sales variable compensation incentives based on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.