Software Engineer - Backend
Acoustic is a quickly growing marketing technology company. As the largest independent marketing cloud, we help to free marketing professionals from the burdens of repetitive tasks so they can focus on what really matters. With a rich technology heritage and an exciting future, we’re looking for talented professionals to join us on this journey.
In our team in Gdansk, we operate in eight independent squads focusing on various elements of Acoustic products. Each of the squads consists of a QA engineer, front- and back-end engineers, a designer and a product manager, our team members are provided with the opportunity to drive the holistic vision of our products and focus on their long-term life cycle.
More details on Data Management project, that you can join:
→ As part of this team you will dive deep into the ins and outs of the data layer for the Marketing Cloud.
→ You will be responsible for delivering E2E data pipelines that collect data from various sources (incl. UI) and ensure it will persist on underlying data sources.
→ Along the way the data will be enriched with all required information and will come across a number of services and leveraging the interfaces provided by other tribes to achieve the desired outcome.
→ We use MongoDB, Snowflake, and Oracle as our data stores to allow synchronous and asynchronous flows. The tech stack is very fresh and provides plenty of opportunities to learn cool and modern technologies.
→ In the backbone of our data management lies the Master Event Bus which is our central point of the data change events that are put on Confluent Cloud (Kafka).
→ Ensuring the high quality of the code is of the main concern and you will be ensuring that all solutions are properly covered with not only unit and integration tests but also working with QA members to ensure that we are covered E2E.
If you have:
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience (from different projects)
- Experience in designing and building production-quality code in JAVA or NodeJS
(if you are experienced in one, you are not afraid to learn and use the other....?)
- Experience with REST, GraphQL, MongoDB, Oracle, Snowflake or Confluent
- Experience with AWS (alternatively other Public Cloud Providers)
then you sound like a great candidate for our role!
Experience with messaging technologies, building SaaS web applications in a cloud environment, and knowledge of automated integration testing frameworks, NoSQL databases and microservices will make you a perfect candidate.
Not checking all of the above boxes but still feeling strong about a career in software development? We want to hear from you anyway!
What we offer:
- a role in which you have a direct impact on our product and understand the big picture around it
- a flat structure where you have the opportunity to collaborate with a wide range of roles and can choose out of the three growth paths: Architect, Principal Software Engineer or Manager
- a choice between remote or hybrid work from our office in Gdansk Oliwa (with parking spaces available to everyone) and flexible working time
- ability to benefit from tax-deductible costs for developers
- a choice of a MacBook Pro or a Windows PC
- private medical insurance including dental care
- life insurance
- meal allowance
- Multisport card
We are doing our best to make our recruitment process as swift and candidate friendly as possible. It consists of :
- Up to 30 mins screening and language check by our Talent Acquisition partner
- Up to 120 mins interview with a hiring manager and senior team members covering general and technical aspects of the role (+some coding)
💰 Salary range: Up to 24.000 (for Senior) PLN gross per month plus the ability to benefit from tax-deductible costs for developers. It all depends on the results of the technical interview.
❌ Please note: Only Poland-based candidates are considered, as no relocation or remote work outside of Poland is possible.