Quality Engineer - Test Automation Lead
This position is responsible for ensuring Acoustic Marketing platform and client solutions are of the highest quality in terms of functionality, usability, security, and reliability. This position is responsible for collaborating with cross-functional Software Engineering teams to deliver automated quality solutions. The primary goal of this position is to ensure test automation frameworks across teams are stable, maintainable, and efficient to allow for minimum manual test execution. The candidate should possess strong communication and collaboration skills in agile methodologies. The ideal candidate will have a solid foundation built on modern development methodologies (TDD, BDD, Kanban/Agile). The Acoustic Engineering team is a highly innovative Agile / DevOps team working on an exclusively Cloud / SAAS Platform.
What You'll Do
- Lead in test automation standardization activities for Quality Engineering team
- Expand and Maintain existing automation frameworks and find ways to improve reliability, speed, and efficiency
- Monitoring of automated test results and triaging failures with framework or code.
- Collaborate with engineers to fully define test specifications and test scenarios
- Actively support new solutions for AWS testing (Lambdas, S3 Buckets, etc)
- Communicate status at the team and management level
- Advocate and support quality assurance practices within cross-functional team
- Ability to solve complex challenges/problems and rapidly deliver innovative solutions
- Familiarity with standard concepts and technologies used in web-based applications is required
- Experience leading Test automation projects, and mentoring new engineers on best practices
- Experience with UI automation frameworks such as Selenium, Playwright, and WebdriverIO
- Experience with using Git, GitHub, and an IDE for development work
- Familiarity with clean code practices
- Familiarity with Docker concepts
- Familiarity with CI/CD and DevOps concepts, tools, and practices
- Experience with Cloud Technologies is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in cross-functional Agile engineering teams
- Demonstrated understanding that application quality and software testing is a team responsibility
Nice to Have
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems or another related technical field with five (5) years of experience
If you have all the above, you sound like a great candidate for our role!
Not checking all of the above boxes but still feel strongly about being a strong candidate for the Senior Manager vacancy- We want to hear from you anyway!
What We Offer:
- a role in which you have a direct impact on our product and understand the big picture around it.
- a flat structure where you have the opportunity to collaborate with a wide range of roles and career opportunities.
- working with cutting-edge technology: AWS, Saas, Cloud, micro-services, modern UIs, continuous integration and deployment.
- flexible hybrid work from our office in Gdansk Oliwa (with parking spaces available to everyone) and flexible working time.
- a choice of a MacBook Pro or a Windows PC.
- private medical insurance including dental care.
- life insurance.
- meal allowance.
- Multisport card.
- Ability to benefit from tax-deductible costs (PKUP).
Acoustic is a quickly growing marketing technology company. As the largest independent marketing cloud, we help free marketing professionals from the burdens of repetitive tasks so they can focus on what matters. With a rich technology heritage and an exciting future, we’re looking for talented professionals to join us on this journey.
Our Gdansk team is divided into eight squads, with each squad specializing in different aspects of Acoustic products. Each squad comprises a QA engineer, front- and back-end engineers, a designer, and a product manager. Our team members have the chance to develop a comprehensive perspective of our products while concentrating on their long-term scalability, extensibility, and maintainability.