Our Engineering Support Team is an elite group of fewer than 10 people located mostly in the US but working to expand our global presence. The team resolves about 200 tickets a month for clients and internal users.
You will provide product and backend technical support. You'll use your proven technical expertise to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve issues.
What You'll Do
- Review/Read the log and engage in the action required.
- Troubleshoot the Production Environment to find solutions to externally and internally reported cases about our software product and our infrastructure. (Databases, applications, memory usage, processing, etc).
- Collaborate with teammates and other teams when needed to find solutions to externally and internally reported cases.
- escalate cases quickly to internal teams as required.
- Follow all Engineering Support guidelines and processes for case handling.
- Respond to, resolve and document all incoming cases via the ticketing system.
- Utilize email, chat, and other support channels to communicate.
- Develop deep technical understanding and become certified in Acoustic software products, including Campaign, Analytics, Content, Exchange, and Personalization.
- Write and run moderately complex queries.
- Document software defects, research and resolve defects or escalate to the appropriate Engineering Squad, as required.
- Document all solutions or update existing solutions with new information in the Team Confluence room.
- Assist with other reasonable duties as may be required being adaptable to ever-changing business needs.
In general, you will work regular business hours, Monday through Friday. However, Engineering provides 24x7 support for major incidents, so you will be expected, from time to time, to provide coverage outside core business hours. You also will participate in an on-call rotation including holidays, after-hours and weekends.
- 4+ years of technical support experience in an enterprise software company; supporting external customers; web applications or analytics software strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of SQL experience and proficiency.
- Knowledge of and/or background in HTML, APIs, Java, XML, basic networking, and database concepts (such as Oracle and/or AWS).
- Knowledge of and/or background with databases, preferably Oracle and/or AWS with the ability to write SQL queries.
- Understanding of how web systems work (physical, logical, hardware, software) and how to support them.
- Understanding how the different components in a web system fit together and affect each other.
- Basic understanding of UNIX commands for searching logs and configuration files on the server.
- Experience with Redis, Kafka, Mongo, JIRA, Logstash, Snowflake, Confluence and New Relic.
- Well-developed ability to timely research and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Extremely proactive and takes ownership of producing positive results.
- Experience with environment configuration.
- Infrastructure troubleshooting experience.
- Very good communication skills.
- Self-reliance and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A team-player approach.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to take initiative autonomously to search out solutions.
Nice to have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or an equivalent related field.
- Coding skills in any language, ideally Java and Snowflake.
- Experience (and/or interest) in mobile technologies and concepts, such as Android/iOS applications, push notifications, and SMS.
- Experience with AWS, and Kubernetes.
- Experience (and/or interest) in email and online marketing technologies.
- Second or third-line (tier 2 or 3) support experience.
- Experience in digital marketing and web analytics.
Acoustic is an independent marketing cloud with the open platform needed for success in a dynamic world. We’re reimagining marketing technology by lessening the burdens of repetitive tasks and equipping marketers with powerful technology that is simple and easy to use. We give marketers more time to do what matters—to think bigger and put themselves back into the work. We help marketers aim higher, bringing humanity back into marketing. Acoustic serves an international client base of more than 3,500 brands, including Fortune 500 companies, providing digital marketing, marketing analytics, content management, personalization, mobile marketing, and marketing automation solutions. For more information, visit www.acoustic.com.
Acoustic is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive environment for everyone. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.