Are you a high-energy, motivated, smart individual who thrives in a dynamic environment? As a member of a talented and progressive security team, your contributions will immediately affect the organization's success.
The Acoustic Security team is looking for an experienced Security Analyst to join a team focused on threat detection, incident response, and cloud security, securing the next-generation digital marketing platform.
Work alongside passionate security professionals in a complex environment.
This position protects Acoustic products and platforms, to be used by thousands of customers worldwide. This role protects scalable systems to manage our customers' data consisting of hundreds of millions of contacts and associated attributes. You will research innovative security technologies and processes and work with fresh solutions that can be used to improve security within a cloud environment.
What will you do:
· Monitor incoming event queues for potential security incidents; identify and act on anomalous network activity.
· Perform analysis and correlation of logs/alerts from security instrumentation.
· Detailed analysis and strong understanding of attack vectors, persistence mechanisms, and detection avoidance tactics
· Perform proficient forensic analysis using security tools and monitoring systems to discover the source of anomalous security events.
· Manage security incidents following documented Incident Response plans and playbooks.
· Identify and onboard necessary log sources to ensure visibility across the enterprise.
· Identify and implement security use cases and correlation rules.
· Create dashboards, reports, and metrics.
· Using tools such as EDR, AV, SIEM, IPS/IDS, HIDS, and other security systems as necessary
· Recommend implementation of countermeasures or mitigating controls
· Assist in vulnerability scanning and remediation management.
· Assist in cloud security compliance scans and remediation management.
· Regularly check the work queue for incoming assignments and complete all work daily and respond to work queue items utilizing pre-defined procedures.
· Participate in on-call rotation One weekend per month.
· Participate in a weekly team meetings to share updates and discuss projects.
- 3 years of experience as a SOC Analyst, Security Content Developer and/or Security Engineer
- Ability to understand systems quickly and translate understanding into logic to detect anomalies within the systems.
- Deep understanding of Incident Response framework, root cause analysis
- Understanding of Linux, Windows, and Mac security concepts
- Knowledge of networking protocols and OSI model
- Working knowledge of security best practices for Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure
- Packet analysis tools (tcpdump, Wireshark, ngrep, etc.)
- Working knowledge of vulnerability management processes and tools (e.g. Rapid7)
- Must understand exploits, vulnerabilities, network attacks.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM fields or equivalent work experience
What will set you apart?
- Experience with Palo Alto Prisma Cloud, Zscaler or other similar remote access and secure internet solutions
- Experience with Rapid7 InsightsVM
- Experience with Crowdstrike Falcon and Horizon
- Experience with deploying security infrastructure as code in AWS and Azure
- A guardrail, not gates, mentality
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment that requires independent self-direction, strong attention to detail, and an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong Communication Skills and ability to communicate ideas effectively.
- Demonstrated passion for technology with an "always learning" mode mentality.
- Not afraid of failure and willing to fail fast so you can move onto new ways of doing things.
Willing to have flexible hours, on occasion the need the change shift hours temporarily with another team member.