DemandTec team, part of Acoustic, is looking for a dynamic Quality Assurance Engineer. This position is responsible for collaborating with cross-functional Software Engineering teams to deliver quality solutions. The candidate should possess strong communication and collaboration skills in agile methodologies. The ideal candidate will have a solid foundation built on modern development methodologies (TDD, BDD, Kanban/Agile). The DemandTec Engineering team is a highly innovative Agile / DevOps team working on an exclusively Cloud / SAAS Platform.
· Collaborate with engineers to fully define test specifications and test scenarios
· Understand user stories and produce appropriate test scenarios using modern development methodology that could be translated into automated specifications
· Monitoring of daily automated test results and triaging failures
· Design and execute exploratory tests (manual verification)
· Automate tests cases
· Maintain existing automation frameworks and find ways to improve
· Prioritize and execute test cases in a timely fashion, despite changing priorities
· Communicate status at the team and management level
· Advocate and support quality assurance practices within cross-functional team
· Participate in standardization activities for Quality Engineering team
· Candidate should have atleast 5 years relevant experience
· Experience working in cross-functional Agile engineering teams
· Ability to solve complex challenges/problems and rapidly deliver innovative solutions
· Familiarity with standard concepts and technologies used in web-based applications
· Knowledge and hands-on experience working with SQL, Database (understanding of table, relations, schema) preferred.
· Working knowledge on Jenkins preferred
· Experience with using Git, GitHub, and an IDE for development work
· Experience with UI automation frameworks and testing business APIs (SOAP/REST)
· Experience creating/executing test plans and documenting test outcomes
· Familiarity with CI/CD and DevOps concepts, tools, and practices
· Experience with Cloud Technologies is preferred
· Experience working on products related to the Retail/ Analytics domain is a plus.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Systems or another related technical field with three (5) years of experience preferred.