Senior Deliverability Analyst
As a Sr. Deliverability Analyst, TechOps, you will use your proven Email Deliverability, subject matter and technical expertise to troubleshoot and resolve complex and escalated email deliverability, ISP, and technical infrastructure issues across our Acoustic product suite - which includes components such as SMS, email, web, mobile push, and analytics. Acoustic is bringing cutting-edge technology to the marketing technology space, leveraging AI to bring human-centered solutions to our customer's biggest marketing challenges.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to leverage your technical expertise and customer service skills to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve issues pertaining to the Acoustic ecosystem of products.
What you will do:
- Provide second line deliverability support for Acoustic products, including:
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting email delivery and ISP deliverability issues.
- Working with ISPs, email blacklists, and anti-spam technology providers to remediate Acoustic customer issues.
- Providing internal and customer guidance & best practice recommendations on product related issues.
- Responding and managing customer escalations and critical issues
- Serve as subject matter expert on email deliverability to internal teams and Acoustic customers.
- Provide analysis and advise customers on topics such as email reputation, ramp up, throttling, related metrics/bounces, authentication, and MTA configuration.
- Analyze, investigate, troubleshoot, document, and track deliverability support cases and service engagements from initial response through resolution.
- Identify trends across the industry, clients, cases and/or teams to initiate proactive measures/processes combatting potential problems.
- Participating in industry discussions and staying current on trends, policies and regulatory issues in the email landscape.
The role includes additional responsibilities, such as:
- Developing deep technical understanding and become certified on Acoustic software products, including Connect, Campaign, Tealeaf, Content, and Exchange.
- Conducting root cause analysis for issues
- Managing outages and production incidents
- Preparing FAQs, upgrade notes, knowledge base articles
- Collaborating with internal Acoustic teams (engineering, DevOps, customer success) as needed
- Assisting with other reasonable duties as may be required being adaptable to ever changing business needs.
- Rotating shift work is required. General requirement is to provide coverage for European business hours. Also includes weekend and holiday on-call rotation.
- 3+ years of experience in an email deliverability role for an enterprise software company, driving resolution of email delivery issues and deliverability services for senders.
- Understanding of email delivery processes including IP addresses, DNS, SMTP, authentication, reputation, and email headers
- Understanding of email best practices for sending marketing and transactional email
- Understanding of standard email remediation processes, such as working with ISP abuse desks and third-party anti-spam groups
- Experience with email server configuration
- Experience with HTML, APIs, SQL, XML, and database concepts (such as Oracle and/or AWS).
- Formal training in web technology and academic understanding of applications and code.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Service-minded and customer-focused attitude.
- Ability to achieve performance targets with minimal supervision.
- A collaborative, teamwork and learning mind-set.
- Very good communication skills in English, both spoken and written.
- Experience with environment configuration and troubleshooting.
- Bachelor's degree.