Technical Business Analyst
Avalon Healthcare Solutions
Avalon Healthcare Solutions, headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is the world’s first and only Lab Insights company, bringing together our proven Lab Benefit Management solutions, lab science expertise, digitized lab values, and proprietary analytics to help healthcare insurers proactively inform appropriate care, reduce costs, and improve clinical outcomes. Working with health plans across the country, the company covers more than 36 million lives and delivers 7-12% outpatient lab benefit savings. Avalon is pioneering a new era of value-driven care with its Lab Insights Platform that captures, digitizes, and analyzes lab results in real time to provide actionable insights for earlier disease detection, ensuring appropriate treatment protocols, and driving down overall cost.
Studies show that 30% of clinical laboratory testing is unnecessary or overused. Inappropriate testing or missing a key screening can lead to complications and expense arising from unwarranted care, or not obtaining proper care when needed, leading to increased health risks and costs. Avalon helps ensure delivery of the right test, at the right time, and in the right setting. We seek to ensure the most effective patient treatment, improve clinical outcomes, and optimize cost and affordability.
Avalon is a portfolio company of Francisco Partners, a global private equity firm that specializes in investments in technology and technology-enabled service companies.
Avalon is a high growth company where every associate has an opportunity to make a difference. You will be part of a team that shapes a new market and business. Most importantly, you will help Avalon to achieve its mission and improve clinical outcomes and health care affordability for the people we serve.
For more information about Avalon, please visit www.avalonhcs.com.
Avalon Healthcare Solutions is proud to be an equal opportunity employer including disability/veteran. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Avalon Healthcare Solutions provides and maintains a drug-free workplace for its employees.
For more about Avalon, please visit our web site at http://www.avalonhcs.com.
About the Product Business Analyst:
The Technical Business Analyst (TBA) will support two scrum teams in the Product Department, both of which support the same business application: a rules engine that enables automated evaluation of health care claims. The TBA plays a crucial role in the Scrum Team by acting as the link between the Product Owner and the technical IT team. The TBA will write user stories and acceptance criteria for product features based on direction of the product team. This role reports to the Vice President, Product.
This position is eligible for remote work, but quarterly travel to the corporate office in Tampa, Florida may be required.
Product Business Analyst - Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Documents functional and technical requirements as user stories, working with Product Owner and others as needed to clarify desired features and functionality.
- Establish and enforce best practices for documenting detailed requirements, use cases, process flows, data flows, context diagrams, wire frames, data mapping documents, data dictionaries and other documents needed to clearly define and support the evolving needs of the company.
- Work collaboratively and constructively with all internal and external customers in a professional manner. Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work comfortably and effectively with technical delivery teams, management, and other staff at all levels of the organization. Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
Product Business Analyst - Qualifications:
- 3+ years as a technical business analyst or similar position in health care IT
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 8+ years direct and applicable experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience as a Technical Business Analyst on multiple projects of medium to high complexity involving custom and vendor supported solutions
- Experience serving as the functional SME for applications and processes supported, including the underlying infrastructure and data.
- Able to perform intermediate to complex SQL queries. Understands data modeling concepts (e.g., the Entity-Relation model) and their application.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to create and deliver presentations on a specific topic to varying audiences. Able to collaborate and encourage an environment for creative excellence. Promote continuous innovation and improvement.
- Strong change management and documentation skills. Experience with Agile, SAFe, Waterfall and hybrid project delivery methodologies.
- Able to support multiple projects with minimal direction and supervision.
- Knowledge and experience with HIPAA regulations and standards for security (PHI, IIHI), privacy and transactions.
- Creative thinking skills with the ability to ask the needed bigger-picture questions that lead to process improvements and anticipating needs beyond what is being specifically asked.
- Adept at working in a matrix organization.
- Knowledgeable of the software development life cycle and work management tools (e.g., JIRA).
Product Business Analyst - Preferred Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience working with health plan claims and related systems
- Prior experience in an early-stage growth company