Avalon Healthcare Solutions
Avalon Healthcare Solutions, headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is the world’s first and only Lab Insights company, bringing together our proven Lab Benefit Management solutions, lab science expertise, digitized lab values, and proprietary analytics to help healthcare insurers proactively inform appropriate care, reduce costs, and improve clinical outcomes. Working with health plans across the country, the company covers more than 36 million lives and delivers 7-12% outpatient lab benefit savings. Avalon is pioneering a new era of value-driven care with its Lab Insights Platform that captures, digitizes, and analyzes lab results in real time to provide actionable insights for earlier disease detection, ensuring appropriate treatment protocols, and driving down overall cost.
Studies show that 30% of clinical laboratory testing is unnecessary or overused. Inappropriate testing or missing a key screening can lead to complications and expense arising from unwarranted care, or not obtaining proper care when needed, leading to increased health risks and costs. Avalon helps ensure delivery of the right test, at the right time, and in the right setting. We seek to ensure the most effective patient treatment, improve clinical outcomes, and optimize cost and affordability.
Avalon is a portfolio company of Francisco Partners, a global private equity firm that specializes in investments in technology and technology-enabled service companies.
Avalon is a high growth company where every associate has an opportunity to make a difference. You will be part of a team that shapes a new market and business. Most importantly, you will help Avalon to achieve its mission and improve clinical outcomes and health care affordability for the people we serve.
For more information about Avalon, please visit www.avalonhcs.com.
Avalon Healthcare Solutions is proud to be an equal opportunity employer including disability/veteran. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Avalon Healthcare Solutions provides and maintains a drug-free workplace for its employees.
For more about Avalon, please visit our web site at http://www.avalonhcs.com.
About the DevOps Engineer:
Avalon’s DevOps Engineer role will assist in the architect, design, implementation, and support tooling and practices that help enable IT engineers to accelerate their productivity in the workplace. Must have a clear understanding of the software development lifecycle and various tooling options to support fully automated continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) solutions to the various scrum teams at Avalon.
This position is eligible for remote work, but quarterly travel to the corporate office in Tampa, Florida may be required.
DevOps Engineer - Overview of Main Responsibilities:
- The DevOps role is responsible for identifying opportunities for improvements to continuously drive greater operational excellence. Areas such as, improving elastic horizontal scaling, observability, logging, alerting, container, and application orchestration at scale.
- The DevOps role would drive several site reliability engineering (SRE) principles in helping the scrum teams and the IT Operations teams be successful. The role would also be responsible for driving a post incident management post-mortem process to help review for opportunities to minimize risk and drive continuous self-improvements to our processes and products.
- The DevOps role would be accountable to supporting, partnering, and interacting with the Avalon IT Operations teams, Application Development Scrum Teams, Database, EDI, and Clinical Operations teams.
DevOps Engineer- Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science (4 year) degree in a technical field such as engineering or computer science, or extensive relevant work experience
- 5 years of experience in an IT Support, System Administration, System Engineering, Software Engineering, or prior DevOps role.
- Proven knowledge of CI/CD, monitoring, alerting, and logging techniques
- Solid knowledge of Linux Administration, Windows, and AWS tooling
- Solid knowledge of enterprise configuration management principles and tooling. Such as Ansible.
- AWS DevOps Certifications a plus.
- Knowledge of containerization technologies. Such as Docker, AWS ECS, AWS Fargate, Kubernetes/ AWS EKS.
- Knowledge of AWS tooling, EC2, S3, CloudFront, etc.
- Strong ability to evaluate, troubleshoot, and solution technical problems for the various IT Teams.
- Ability to excel in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Proven ability to mentor team members
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Passionate interest in IT Network & Security and possess initiative to keep up with current IT trend.
- Enjoys working in a diverse and challenging environment.
- A team player and able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work flexible work hours
- Good customer facing skills
- Proficiency in MS Office tools are required.