Windows Cloud Operations Engineer
Avalon Healthcare Solutions
Avalon Healthcare Solutions, headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is the world’s first and only Lab Insights company, bringing together our proven Lab Benefit Management solutions, lab science expertise, digitized lab values, and proprietary analytics to help healthcare insurers proactively inform appropriate care, reduce costs, and improve clinical outcomes. Working with health plans across the country, the company covers more than 36 million lives and delivers 7-12% outpatient lab benefit savings. Avalon is pioneering a new era of value-driven care with its Lab Insights Platform that captures, digitizes, and analyzes lab results in real time to provide actionable insights for earlier disease detection, ensuring appropriate treatment protocols, and driving down overall cost.
Studies show that 30% of clinical laboratory testing is unnecessary or overused. Inappropriate testing or missing a key screening can lead to complications and expense arising from unwarranted care, or not obtaining proper care when needed, leading to increased health risks and costs. Avalon helps ensure delivery of the right test, at the right time, and in the right setting. We seek to ensure the most effective patient treatment, improve clinical outcomes, and optimize cost and affordability.
Avalon is a portfolio company of Francisco Partners, a global private equity firm that specializes in investments in technology and technology-enabled service companies.
Avalon is a high growth company where every associate has an opportunity to make a difference. You will be part of a team that shapes a new market and business. Most importantly, you will help Avalon to achieve its mission and improve clinical outcomes and health care affordability for the people we serve.
For more information about Avalon, please visit www.avalonhcs.com.
Avalon Healthcare Solutions is proud to be an equal opportunity employer including disability/veteran. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Avalon Healthcare Solutions provides and maintains a drug-free workplace for its employees.
For more about Avalon, please visit our web site at http://www.avalonhcs.com.
About the Cloud Operations Windows Engineer:
We are seeking a motivated Cloud Operations Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology, eager to learn and grow, and capable of providing exceptional support for AWS services, Windows-based systems, monitoring system performance and business critical applications in a cloud environment. As we are 100% cloud-based in AWS and expanding into Azure, the ideal candidate will have at least 3 years cloud experience, 3 years Microsoft Windows Server experience, and effective cross-departmental communication skills. Our team's focus is cloud technology innovation, integration, infrastructure, and managed services, agility, resource and cost reduction through automation.
As a member of the Enterprise Cloud Technology team, you will collaborate closely with cloud architects, administrators, cybersecurity professionals, network engineers, and support groups. We are dedicated to providing secure computing and storage services to our customers, business owners, developers, data scientists, and operations teams across our enterprise.
This position is eligible for remote work, but quarterly travel to the corporate office in Tampa, Florida may be required.
AVAILABLE SHIFTS: 2nd Shift 4:00 PM to 1:00 AM EST or 3rd Shift 12:00 AM to 9:AM EST
Cloud Operations Windows Engineer - Overview of Main Responsibilities:
- Administer AWS services, configuring, and managing cloud infrastructure components, such as virtual machines, storage, networking, and databases.
- Security and compliance, remediate vulnerabilities, patch management.
- Monitor AWS and all business-critical applications to ensure optimal performance.
- Install, configure, and maintain 2019 Windows servers and software.
- Identify, and diagnose problems found in the environment, implement a solution, and conduct post-incident analysis to prevent similar issues in the future.
- Perform routine system backups and disaster recovery procedures.
- Create and maintain documentation for systems, procedures, and policies.
- Participate in planning, implementing, and maintaining system upgrades and new technologies.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure system availability and reliability.
- Respond to and resolve service desk tickets and service requests.
- Manage time effectively and work with minimal supervision.
- Track and report progress on daily, weekly, and monthly projects.
- Promote a positive working environment and demonstrate flexibility as a team member.
- Handle routine inquiries via incoming calls, emails, and Teams messages.
- Monitor Support and Phone email throughout shift (limited activity) to ensure response SLA’s are met
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Cloud Operations Windows Engineer- Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Administer AWS cloud resources, including starting, stopping, rebooting, creating, and terminating instances.
- Utilize AWS CLI and manage AWS services such as S3, load balancers, target groups, and auto scalers.
- Execute Ansible templates for automation and orchestration.
- Troubleshoot and Search events using CloudWatch and CloudTrail
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating systems, Active Directory, and Microsoft 365.
- Understanding of network concepts and protocols.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Linux server administration, including user access control, application server installation, Nginx, Apache configuration, Linux services configuration, and log configuration a plus
- Knowledge of Terraform Cloud is a plus.
- Knowledge of Kafka, Prometheus, Grafana, or OpenSearch is a plus.
- Willingness to learn new skills and tools to enable personal and company growth.
Cloud Operations Windows Engineer- Preferred Qualifications:
- 3 years or more AWS and Microsoft Windows administration experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows servers and software installation, configuration, and maintenance.
- Proficiency in user access control, Group Policy Objects (GPOs), Active Directory, SQL server support, patching, vulnerability management, event logs, and some laptop support.
- AWS skills preferred, instance management, autoscaling, Ansible, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, and familiarity with services such as S3, load balancers, target groups, and auto scalers.
- Experience with a scripting language/s such as PowerShell, JSON, and Infrastructure as Code (IaC), CloudFormation is a plus.