Avalon Healthcare Solutions
About the Company:
Avalon Healthcare Solutions, headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is the world’s first and only Lab Insights company, bringing together our proven Lab Benefit Management solutions, lab science expertise, digitized lab values, and proprietary analytics to help healthcare insurers proactively inform appropriate care, reduce costs, and improve clinical outcomes. Working with health plans across the country, the company covers more than 36 million lives and delivers 7-12% outpatient lab benefit savings. Avalon is pioneering a new era of value-driven care with its Lab Insights Platform that captures, digitizes, and analyzes lab results in real time to provide actionable insights for earlier disease detection, ensuring appropriate treatment protocols, and driving down overall cost.
Studies show that 30% of clinical laboratory testing is unnecessary or overused. Inappropriate testing or missing a key screening can lead to complications and expense arising from unwarranted care, or not obtaining proper care when needed, leading to increased health risks and costs. Avalon helps ensure delivery of the right test, at the right time, and in the right setting. We seek to ensure the most effective patient treatment, improve clinical outcomes, and optimize cost and affordability.
Avalon is a portfolio company of Francisco Partners, a global private equity firm that specializes in investments in technology and technology-enabled service companies.
Avalon is a high growth company where every associate has an opportunity to make a difference. You will be part of a team that shapes a new market and business. Most importantly, you will help Avalon to achieve its mission and improve clinical outcomes and health care affordability for the people we serve.
For more information about Avalon, please visit www.avalonhcs.com.
Avalon Healthcare Solutions is proud to be an equal opportunity employer including disability/veteran. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Avalon Healthcare Solutions provides and maintains a drug-free workplace for its employees.
About the Configuration Analyst Position:
Reporting to the Manager, Configuration, the Configuration Analyst is responsible for updating managed care claims processing, maintenance and support of interfaces and third party applications, process flow updates and enhancements.
This position is eligible for remote work, but quarterly travel to the corporate office in Tampa, Florida may be required.
Configuration Analyst- Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform analyses of Avalon laboratory benefits management configuration in order to determine and create use cases for regression testing.
- Ability to take requirements from medical policy translation documents and successfully incorporate these as rules in the Avalon laboratory benefits management configuration file.
- Run regression testing prior to Production releases for Avalon Claim Editor to ensure optimal functionality of the Claim Editor.
- Development and maintenance of ReadyAPI! test suite for regression testing management.
- Validate and/or provide input to LBM global rules process flows.
Configuration Analyst - Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Business or similar field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- At least 2-3 years of experience developing and managing business requirements throughout a project lifecycle.
- Experience in or knowledge of the health care business and customer service
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access
- Experience with use case testing.
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in reporting, with a preference for intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of one or more of the following areas of health plan operations - configuration, utilization, claims processing, and/or reimbursement.
- Proven analytical and project management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Facilitation skills that include workgroup leadership, problem resolution across multiple groups, etc.
- Willingness to work in various capacities and to learn new skill sets.