Lead Software Engineer
Avalon Healthcare Solutions
Avalon Healthcare Solutions, headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is the world’s first and only Lab Insights company, bringing together our proven Lab Benefit Management solutions, lab science expertise, digitized lab values, and proprietary analytics to help healthcare insurers proactively inform appropriate care, reduce costs, and improve clinical outcomes. Working with health plans across the country, the company covers more than 36 million lives and delivers 7-12% outpatient lab benefit savings. Avalon is pioneering a new era of value-driven care with its Lab Insights Platform that captures, digitizes, and analyzes lab results in real time to provide actionable insights for earlier disease detection, ensuring appropriate treatment protocols, and driving down overall cost.
Studies show that 30% of clinical laboratory testing is unnecessary or overused. Inappropriate testing or missing a key screening can lead to complications and expense arising from unwarranted care, or not obtaining proper care when needed, leading to increased health risks and costs. Avalon helps ensure delivery of the right test, at the right time, and in the right setting. We seek to ensure the most effective patient treatment, improve clinical outcomes, and optimize cost and affordability.
Avalon is a portfolio company of Francisco Partners, a global private equity firm that specializes in investments in technology and technology-enabled service companies.
Avalon is a high growth company where every associate has an opportunity to make a difference. You will be part of a team that shapes a new market and business. Most importantly, you will help Avalon to achieve its mission and improve clinical outcomes and health care affordability for the people we serve.
For more information about Avalon, please visit www.avalonhcs.com.
Avalon Healthcare Solutions is proud to be an equal opportunity employer including disability/veteran. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Avalon Healthcare Solutions provides and maintains a drug-free workplace for its employees.
For more about Avalon, please visit our web site at http://www.avalonhcs.com.
This position is eligible for remote work, but quarterly travel to the corporate office in Tampa, Florida is required.
About the Lead Software Engineer Position:
Avalon’s Lead Software Engineer supports Avalon projects through the use of software development tools. This role will analyze, design, develop, document and support various custom applications, portals, data exchanges, services and integration with other applications and systems to support the evolving needs of the company. The Lead Software Engineer must work collaboratively with other technical and business resources, and they must use professional judgment in asking for assistance, discussing ideas, and seeking necessary approvals. This role will also provide technical guidance to the other members of the Application Development team and determine the appropriate design to accomplish specified requirements.
Lead Software Engineer - Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or a related discipline; or the equivalent years of relevant business and technical experience; Advanced degree desired.
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience in application software development, maintenance, implementation, and support
- Experience developing applications using Jetty, Apache Camel, Drools/rules engines, Red Hat Linux, SoapUI, Postman, Docker, AWS EC2, ECS/Fargate, AWS SQS, Spring Framework, Sprint Boot, Apache Kafka, AWS Lambda.
- Experience with MS SQL Server and T-SQL.
- Experience using standard middleware interface/integration architecture and techniques (SOA, Web services, SOAP / WSDL / XML, REST, SAML, APIs, Microservices).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- History of working in an Agile software development environment.
- ‘Get stuff done’ and flexible mindset for greater good of the organization.
- Proven success delivering and supporting high quality solutions on time.
Lead Software Engineer – Preferred Qualifications:
- Healthcare knowledge or experience preferred.
- Strong background with web services both SOAP and RESTful
- Integration of rules engine and BRMS with xml messages
- Experience working in an AWS or cloud base environment.
- BPMN understanding is a plus.
- Planning, developing, and deploying high volume, mission-critical software applications in a healthcare environment.
- Knowledge or experience with HIPAA regulations and standards for security (PHI, IIHI), privacy and transactions.