Corporate Legal Analyst
Corporate Legal Analyst
Come Join Us!
We usually respond within three days
About BARBRI: BARBRI, part of the Francisco Partners portfolio, is a global learning and technology company dedicated to meeting the legal education and specialized training needs of law students, attorneys, and other professionals throughout their careers. BARBRI’s success is built upon its unmatched technology and innovative pedagogy, combined with the ability to harness data analytics, behavioral economics, learning science, and more to develop solutions for learners and institutions. Building on the success of its core bar courses, which have helped more than 1.3 million lawyers around the world pass a U.S. bar exam, BARBRI offers a comprehensive suite of learning solutions for higher education institutions and law-related businesses that includes U.S. bar exam preparation, casebooks, study aids, curriculum, assessment, global license preparation, online program management and professional development. Founded in 1967, BARBRI is headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with offices throughout the United States and around the world.
The Corporate Legal Analyst is responsible for assisting with various legal matters including primary responsibility for copyright registrations, making deposits with the Copyright office, reviewing, securing permissions, contract review and management and other related legal tasks. Contract review and drafting of agreements is required. There may be other duties assigned in supporting our legal department requirements.
This position is responsible for understanding and complying with BARBRI Global internal controls.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
*These Duties and responsibilities represent the bulk of the job duties/responsibilities. It is important that you take this into consideration when submitting your application.
- Filing and Maintaining Copyright and Trademark registrations is the primary responsibly for this position. Ensure copyright registrations are completed within a timely manner.
- Review and secure permissions for BARBRI Global on its publications. Process permissions on custom publications, as requested to support instructional use of our content. Conduct audits to support our blanket permission agreements.
- Monitor and run alerts for instances of copyright infringement of our IP. Drafting removal notices, including take down requests, and cease and desist letters. Monitor distribution sites, looking for potential IP counterfeit activities.
Secondary/Ancillary Duties and Responsibilities (these duties are secondary to the Copyright, Trademark, and other IP-related responsibilities of the position):
- Support tasks for Legal Team: Review and draft agreements, including customer end user terms and conditions, sales agreements and supporting documentation, and other basic legal transactional documents as required.
- Monitor pending legislation as it impacts the business. This includes running alerts and providing analysis as to the impact of whether the potential regulations or laws if enacted will required us to modify our business activities from a legal perspective.
Required Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- JD or Paralegal certificate highly preferred
- Knowledge of Copyright Law and ability to file registrations with the Copyright Office
- Prior experience with transactional IP Rights Management (filing and managing copyright and/or trademark applications/filings)
- 1-2 years of legal experience highly preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Copyright and/or Trademark Law (practical experience highly preferred)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong organizational and research skills are a must
- Must be a team player
At BARBRI, we value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, and vision benefits with competitive pricing. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
BARBRI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic.
- Eagan, MN, Dallas, TX
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Yearly salary
- 68,500 - 75,000
- Employment type
Transparency in Coverage
This link leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.
BARBRI Global is a global learning company dedicated to meeting the legal education and specialized training needs of law students, attorneys and other professionals throughout their careers. Building on the success of its core bar courses, which have helped more than 1.3 million lawyers around the world pass a U.S. bar exam, BARBRI offers a comprehensive suite of learning solutions for higher education institutions and law-related businesses.
BARBRI Global is also the leading provider of legal education materials and digital learning solutions ranging from law school courses to topical overviews authored by distinguished law faculty and award-winning teachers. BARBRI's comprehensive portfolio covers products for U.S. bar prep, LSAT prep, curriculum, assessment, global license preparation, online program management, legal education materials, and professional development. BARBRI Global, founded in 1967, is a Francisco Partners portfolio company headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with offices throughout the United States and around the world.
Corporate Legal Analyst
Come Join Us!
Already working at BARBRI ?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.