Request for Proposal Writer
We’re looking for motivated and goal-driven team members who can do what it takes to make a company great. The reward is a fun, flexible and creative environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth. If you have the bswift values of higher standards, greater accountability and more fun, we want to hear from you!
The Proposal Writer is part of the Sales Operations team with a focus on proposal writing, project management, and content management. This position supports new business and renewals revenue by ensuring delivery of high-quality responses for Benefits Administration proposals. This position will manage proposal (RFP) projects, collaborate with stakeholders across the business to coordinate proposal requirements, support continuous improvement of the proposal database, and provide general Sales Operations support.
The position requires an individual who can communicate effectively verbally and written with all audiences, resolve problems, prioritize, multi-task, and build and maintain strong relationships with our sales organization and subject matter experts throughout the company. Successful candidates will have the ability to be creative, apply personal initiative and must be well-organized and able to manage multiple projects and changing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
You will directly help develop proposal and sales enablement materials including:
• Analyze RFP/RFI requirements to ensure compliance and develop proposal outlines, schedules, and content matrices.
• Conduct research and work with internal teams to gather information to support the proposal.
• Write, edit, and proofread proposal content to ensure clarity, accuracy, and consistency including executive summaries.
• Coordinate the proposal review process and incorporate feedback from internal stakeholders.
• Ensure proposal documents are formatted and branded correctly.
• Manage multiple proposals simultaneously while meeting strict deadlines.
• Track proposal metrics and incorporate feedback to improve future proposals.
• Support content management in the proposal system to complete even the most complex RFPs, which may include questionnaire responses, Executive Summary and BAFO content.
• Supporting Sales Operations processes
• Champions process improvement initiatives to improve productivity, quality and accuracy of pursuit content, and influences tool efficiency
• Analyzes problems or issues from different points of view to find the optimal solution
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
• Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Familiarity with the proposal processes and RFP/RFI requirements
• Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Proficiency in business software like Microsoft Office and PowerPoint
• A minimum 3 years or equivalent experience with proposal writing
• Benefits Administration industry experience
• 3+ years of project management experience
• Experience developing content in healthcare, financial, technical, or other complex industry is required
• Minimal travel may be required
In the spirit of pay transparency, we are excited to share the base salary range for this position is $70,000-$80,000 exclusive of fringe benefits or potential bonuses. This position is also eligible for an annual corporate bonus of 7.5% If you are hired at bswift, your final base salary compensation will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education, and/or experience. In addition to those factors – we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as a part of any final offer. Please keep in mind that the range mentioned above is the full base salary range for the role. Hiring at the maximum of the range would not be typical in order to allow for future & continued salary growth. We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package!
At bswift, our values are Higher Standards, Greater Accountability and More Fun. We pride ourselves on having an engaged, friendly and smart team that goes the extra mile to get the job done right. The reward is a fun, flexible and creative environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth.
bswift was named one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021, as well as one of the Nation’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
If you have what it takes to join our award-winning culture, we’d love to hear from you!