VP Sales, Public Sector
We’re looking for motivated and goal-driven team members who can do what it takes to make a company great. The reward is a fun, flexible and creative environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth. If you have the bswift values of higher standards, greater accountability and more fun, we want to hear from you!
This position is for a Sales Executive working in bswift’s direct business, selling our technology and services public sector employers. The position entails proactive prospecting and external relationship management with a wide variety of external constituents, including but not limited to employers, consultants, insurance brokers, and enrollment firms. Sales executives are responsible for both curating prospect opportunities and managing inbound prospect activity from our distribution channel partners. The Sales Executive is responsible for managing the end-to-end sales process which includes response to requests for proposals, pricing, external meeting organization/execution, and contract negotiation in collaboration with our attorneys. This position will face-out to the market, working in collaboration with our Solution Architect teams. Successful Sales Executives bring industry knowledge, are self-starters, collaborative, drive creative thinking to establish win/win business outcomes, and are active in the external marketplace.
• Represent bswift technology and benefits administration services to prospective to large and mid-market employers
• Cultivate productive and influential relationships with customers, consultants/brokers, enrollment firms, and other external 3rd parties
• Establish prospect sales strategies and lead RFP responses
• Lead internal team meeting preparation for external sales efforts, and all stages of prospect meetings
• Develop and execute regional sales/growth strategy
• Proactively prospect in assigned market segment
• Establish a local market presence in assigned geography by participating in select market forums and cultivated local market relationships
• Manage complex negotiations and position products, rate levels, and expanded product portfolios to increase sales and maximize revenue
• Identify various ways to partner with the client by drawing from entire spectrum of product line. Gain understanding of client's multifaceted needs and recommend appropriate benefits from bswift's full product array of enrollment technology and service capabilities
• Organize and lead effective presentations to all external and internal constituents
• Negotiate initial sales contracts and letters of intent to execution
• 10+ years industry (Healthcare, benefits, HR) experience in a sales position
- 5+ years experience selling to the Public Sector
• Experience navigating complex selling situations involving senior level employee benefits managers, procurement, compensation, and finance, IT and consulting firms
• Public Speaking experience
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
Standard working hours are 9am-5pm Central Time, unless otherwise stated in the Job Description.
At bswift, our values are Higher Standards, Greater Accountability and More Fun. We pride ourselves on having an engaged, friendly and smart team that goes the extra mile to get the job done right. The reward is a fun, flexible and creative environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth.
bswift was named one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021, as well as one of the Nation’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
If you have what it takes to join our award-winning culture, we’d love to hear from you!