We are seeking an experienced Production Manager to oversee the production process of our Discovery Education’s International video and content production team. The Production Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the team, ensuring that all projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of managing complex projects, excellent communication skills, and a deep understanding of video and digital content production processes. They will work closely to the Head of production.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring team delivery of editorial paperwork and edit deliverables.
- Support editor with the management of video libraries and files.
- Stock footage tracking and associated agreements.
- Tracking and support of all paperwork and contracts.
- Create and manage project schedules, ensuring that all milestones are met on time and within budget.
- Collaborate with creative and technical team members to ensure that all aspects of the production process are executed to the highest quality standards.
- Monitor project budgets and expenditures, ensuring that all projects are delivered within budget constraints.
- Manage relationships with external vendors and contractors, ensuring that all work is completed to the required standard and within agreed timelines.
- Work closely with different company divisions on projects.
- Booking of external suppliers.
- Motivate the production team, ensuring that all team members are working effectively and efficiently towards project goals.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered to the highest quality standards, and that they meet or exceed client expectations.
- Identify and mitigate any risks or issues that may impact the successful delivery of projects.
- Continuously evaluate and improve the production process, identifying opportunities for optimization and efficiency gains.
- Ensure that all productions comply with health and safety regulations and guidelines.
- Support all administrative tasks.
- Manage the production process of the Discovery Education video production team, including pre-production, production, and post-production stages.
- Experience working across multiple workstreams.
- Experience working with Global Markets.
- Experience in localising content.
- Ability to manage and balance own workload.
- Knowledge and familiarity with content management systems is preferred.
- Understanding of global content rights.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current uses of digital technologies in education.
- Ability to communicate with multiple remote team members.
- Flexible and problem- solving attitude.
- Extremely organised and proficient in excel.
- Legal right to work in the United Kingdom.
# Person specification
- Bachelor's degree in film, video production, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in video production, with at least 2 years in a production management role.
- Deep knowledge of video production processes, including pre-production, production, and post-production stages.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage complex projects from start to finish.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with creative and technical team members.
- Experience managing budgets and expenditures for video and content production projects.
- Experience working in global markets.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and mitigate risks and issues.
- Proficiency in video editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, or Avid Media Composer.
- Experience completing production paperwork including risk assessments and consent forms.
- Familiarity with Ed Tech and educational video content is preferred.
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in joining our team, please submit your CV, cover letter, and a link to your video and content production portfolio.
- 28 days holiday a year plus bank holidays.
- Private medical insurance.
- Life assurance.
- Generous pension.
- Flexi-time working, the ability to work from home up to two days per week.
- Complimentary breakfast, drinks and snack options.
- Regular socials.
- Income protection policy.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.