Texas Science Adoption Presenter - Teaching & Learning
Discovery Education is looking for a Texas Adoption Presenter – Teaching & Learning to join our K12 team. You will serve as a professional sales presenter supporting field-based Partnership Managers in a variety of roles, including but not limited to, delivering high-quality, compelling sales presentations, conducting pilots, representing Discovery Education at Publisher fairs and events, workshops etc. The overall goal is to drive adoption sales throughout the state of Texas. While you will be supporting Discovery Education Science Techbook adoptions through the state of Texas, this is a part-time role at an hourly rate with Magnit Global.
What You Will Do
- Learn and deliver compelling, competitive, and informative presentations to district selection committees, administrators, and other influential groups of leaders.
- Conduct presentations, workshops and sessions at conferences, sales events, exhibits, publishers’ fairs etc.
- With the support of the Discovery Education Texas Team, develop customized, dynamic presentations that best position Discovery in the market for success as a digital leader in both the adoption and open state spaces.
- Facilitate and deliver high quality individual and small group customer meetings demonstrating a strong understanding of Discovery’s programs and their place in the competitive landscape.
- Bachelor’s degree and above in education or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience.
- Expertise and experience in presenting and delivering sales presentations both in person and virtually.
- Experience as a presenter in a K-12 market and demonstrated deep understanding of role in supporting a sales team and building partner relationships.
- Experience teaching, presenting, and working with TEKS. K-12 science-specific content experience preferred.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills essential.
- Position requires a high degree of flexibility and the ability to react quickly to changing needs.
- Proficiency with programs such as Microsoft, Google Suite, Zoom (and similar virtual presentation systems), and other related products/systems.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team and cross-functional teams.
- Strong sense of personal initiative & urgency to accomplish tasks.
- Strong understanding of the K-12 Science competitive sales landscape when presenting.
- Expertise in education and edtech industry trends and research.
- Must live in Texas.
- Travel is required.
- Always willing to learn something new, not rigid in beliefs or expectations.
- Have a demonstrated ability to understand, accept and engage with people of diverse backgrounds.
- A sense of humor because we all need to laugh sometimes.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
- This role is part time and is not eligible for benefits.
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.