Manager, Partner Impact
Discovery Education is looking for a strategic and thoughtful Manager of Partner Impact to join our Social Impact team to drive partner growth. You will support a portfolio of partner programs with organizations that share our mission to positively impact student achievement. The right candidate for this dynamic position has a growth mindset, thrives in a high-energy, purpose-driven environment, and can support growth and engagement strategies that measurably build program impact.
Our corporate partners are diverse – big brands, social impact organizations, sports teams, thought leaders – which provides candidates the unique opportunity to work across a broad array of industries, disciplines, and subject areas.
The body of programs includes initiatives in critical areas such as workforce readiness, careers, health and wellness, STEM, financial literacy, life skills and more. Social Impact programs provide dynamic real-world learning opportunities for students nationwide, anchored by Discovery Education’s award-winning K-12 services.
This role will sit in our Charlotte NC HQs with a hybrid schedule (Tuesday - Thursday in office).
What You Will Do
- Lead strategic development and implementation for designated partner programs.
- Manage process to ensure that all deliverables meet client’s strategy and are cohesive/consistent with client goals and objectives.
- Manage all partner program results, research findings, competitive activity, etc., to proactively identify marketing opportunities to enhance, expand and extend current initiative.
- Manage program strategy and provide proactive recommendations based on management of process to continually monitor/analyze results.
- Understand overall business priorities of each partner to identify new opportunities to deliver additional value.
- Manage and helps lead renewal of partner programs and assist in new business development and presentations, as requested.
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility and proactively identify opportunities to synergize and optimize delivery of needed resources to schools.
- Guide and collaborate with a cross-functional team on overall development and execution of assigned program deliverables.
- Direct/lead weekly client status calls, provide detailed recaps of agreements and next steps.
- Plans and prioritizes program deliverables in conjunction with team leader(s).
- Ensure that principles of efficiency, economy and quality are utilized in all client work.
- Direct day-to-day account problem solving.
- Manage key client/business issues and involves strategic partners as needed.
- Proactively keeps their manager informed of all key client information/activity on a regular basis.
- Share information across the division to coordinate and support all areas of the business.
- Maintain and grow client relationships with assigned client partners.
- Develop client relations beyond existing engagement – (e.g., PR, education experts, etc.
- Present new opportunities to impact teaching and learning, in support of partner objectives.
- Manage/mediate internal and client issues & opportunities, as appropriate.
- Demonstrate poise, professionalism, and polish in all communications with client.
- Experienced and respected sales or account management executive with minimum 5-7 years of direct partnership, account facing, sales and/or development responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, communications, marketing, related fields, or equivalent work experience.
- Proven ability to meet and exceed aggressive targets in achieving business objectives.
- Demonstrated innovative and strategic leader with strong analytical skills.
- Experienced and demonstrated knowledge of sales processes, client management, and strategies and tactics to grow revenue.
- Candidate must be highly organized, able to prioritize and be driven by a strong work ethic and a sense of urgency.
- Candidates must be willing to travel 15% of the time to meet with partners, customers, or internal meetings.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office tools including One Drive, Slack, and Outlook as well as PowerPoint presentation, Microsoft Excel, etc.
- Have a demonstrated ability to understand, accept and engage with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
- Flexible PTO.
- Paid holidays include Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve.
- Generous parental leave.
- Annual education and professional development dollars.
- Major medical, vision, and dental (multiple choices).
- Summer hours and company recharge days.
- Company-paid life insurance and short- and long-term disability.
- Pet insurance.
- Company paid volunteer hours.
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.