Professional Learning Facilitator
What You Will Do
Our Professional Learning Facilitators support K-12 partnerships by delivering professional learning sessions to customers that will result in successful implementation of Discovery Education’s products and services. The ideal candidate will have experience in delivering professional learning, deep knowledge of adult learning theory, instructional coaching, and an understanding of educational technology. This is a part-time remote position with Magnit Global, so the ability to work in a fast-paced, virtual environment is a must.
Professional Learning Facilitators
Core Responsibilitiesof Professional Learning Facilitation
- Prepare thoroughly for all aspects of professional development deliveries.
- Deliver high quality professional development that is both dynamic and steeped in adult learning principles.
- Adapt to meet the professional needs of the participants in the sessions being delivered.
Magnit Global is a leader in supporting businesses with “management, performance, and financial control over their workforce and talent supply chains” (Workforce Logiq/Magnit Global 2020). Discovery Education has partnered with Magnit Global to provide best-in-class support with payment and expense reimbursement.
- While the Professional Learning Facilitator will be facilitating with Discovery Education, they will be employees of Magnit Global for the duration of their job(s) with Discovery Education.
- This is NOT an internal Discovery Education position.
- The work as a Magnit Global employee is part-time.
Ideal candidates will have served as K-12 educators, instructional coaches, or administrators. They will have a deep familiarity with the aspects of quality professional learning and instructional support and possess the necessary skill set to deliver excellent professional learning to educators across the United States.
- Minimum of 5 years in education in a K-12 setting.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Experience in facilitating quality professional learning and instructional support for educators.
- Familiarity with educational technology and understanding of instructional practices.
- Strong knowledge of educational and professional development best practices.
- Ability to operate successfully in an in-person as well as virtual environment.
- Familiarity with Discovery Education products
- School-based experience with curriculum and instruction as well as standards alignment
- Content expertise in Science
- Formal Coaching experience
- ELL and SEL experience
- Fluent in Spanish
- Legal right to work in the United States.
- This is a contract role and does not receive benefits.
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.