Data Analytics Engineer
Discovery Education is looking for an experienced Data Analytics Engineer to join our team to support various areas of the business such as marketing analytics, sales and revenue and operations. This role will support data-based decision making by modeling data from the data warehouse and cloud storage to support the development of insights for the business teams. The Analytics Engineer will become a specialist in our modern data stack, including Snowflake, dbt, Looker, and Hightouch.
This role will sit in our Charlotte HQs with a hybrid schedule (Tuesday-Thursday in office).
What You Will Do
- Work collaboratively with data engineers and data scientists to drive business value through turning data models into actionable insights for business stakeholders.
- Provide clean, transformed data ready for analysis.
- Apply engineering best practices to analytics code.
- Maintain data documentation and definitions.
- Collaborate with team members to collect business requirements, define successful analytics outcomes, and design data models.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale database environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Ability to use Snowflake, dbt, Looker, and git.
- Ability to thrive and work with remote colleagues.
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience as an analyst, engineer, data scientist, or equivalent.
- 2+ years working with marketing, sales, and revenue data.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly and master data integrity among multiple systems.
- 3+ years using SQL. Experience analyzing data with R or Python or other similar tools is a plus.
- Experience working with data warehouses, data transformation tools, and writing technical documentation for your work.
- Experience using Snowflake and dbt a plus.
- Work collaboratively with the data management team; experience with API integrations a plus
- Experience working with large data volumes (millions of daily events).
- Must have strong interpersonal skills – collaboration across multiple businesses and technology. Functions, relationship building, and consensus building are a must.
- Must be able to work on and prioritize multiple tasks while working well under pressure.
- Always willing to learn something new, not rigid in beliefs or expectations.
- Have a demonstrated ability to understand, accept, and engage with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
- Flexible PTO.
- Paid holidays include Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve.
- Generous parental leave.
- Annual education and professional development dollars.
- Major medical, vision, and dental (multiple choices).
- Summer hours and company recharge days.
- Company-paid life insurance and short- and long-term disability.
- Pet insurance.
- Company paid volunteer hours.
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.