Manager, Education Partnerships (Austin, TX)
Discovery Education seeks a Manager, Education Partnerships to join our K12 sales team.
- Conduct high-quality, consultative discussions to identify customer needs and align Discovery Education's products and services to address those needs.
- Achieve quarterly and annual revenue targets.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the educational marketplace, industry trends, funding developments, and Discovery Education's products.
- Build and cultivate relationships with key buying stakeholders in accounts, including Superintendents, Curriculum Directors, Department Heads, teachers, and other influential school district contacts.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of pipeline, forecasts, account plans, and territory management activities.
- Develop and maintain a business pipeline of prospective clients and assume all territory management in the assigned territory.
- Gain customer commitments and advance opportunities through the sales process.
- Continually prospect for new business throughout the calendar year.
- Facilitate customer-facing meetings in schools and district offices.
- Research territory trends, competition, and funding sources to drive new sales strategically.
- Devise and implement effective campaigns within the assigned region.
This is a hybrid role in which you will work from your home office and travel roughly 40-70% of your time. Potential territories where travel may be required: Dallas-Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, El Paso & Houston.
- 2+ years of successful direct sales experience OR experience in the education field.
- Teaching or education tech/publishing experience.
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
- Reside within the assigned territory.
- CRM familiarity with schools and contacts.
- Territory sales experience.
- Negotiation Skills.
- Communication Skills.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
- You have demonstrated the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Experience selling to schools and districts within the assigned region.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Flexible PTO.
- Paid holidays include Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve.
- Generous parental leave.
- Annual education and professional development dollars.
- Major medical, vision, and dental (multiple choices).
- Summer hours and company recharge days.
- Company-paid life insurance and short- and long-term disability.
- Pet insurance.
- Company paid volunteer hours.
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.