Manager, Partner Success (Charlotte, NC)
Discovery Education is looking for a Manager, Partner Success to join our Partner Success team. As a member of the Partner Success team, the ideal candidate will work directly with cross-functional peers in the region to develop and execute effective engagement strategies, assess and manage risk accurately, and provide accurate forecasting of their portfolio and attainment of revenue targets. This high-visibility role will report directly to the Director, Partner Success, and will be based in the southeast with a heavy preference to Charlotte, NC and Atlanta, GA.
What You Will Do
- Plan and maintain an individual book of business, including but not limited to account strategies, escalations, objectives, and initiatives in alignment with the Discovery Education Partner Success organization and methodologies.
- Apply understanding of SaaS business models and their overall relationship to customer success.
- Understand, coordinate, and implement systemic professional learning plans within a district.
- Stay up to date on industry trends, engagement methodology, and deal strategies.
- Assess risk and elevate in order to achieve and exceed quarterly churn targets and focus on sharing finding across the teams and organization.
- Bring planning, focus, and creativity with you every day.
- Work with sales and success leaders to identify trends and uncover opportunities for improved or new success engagements or professional development offerings.
- Ability to innovate, persuade, and problem-solve with partners, peers, and cross-functional team members and incorporate all learnings into daily activity.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5+ years in customer success/service or sales.
- Demonstrable success supporting K12 institutions with SaaS or professional learning implementations.
- Comfortable working across the spectrum from decision makers to front-line users or implementors with an understanding of the challenges customers face in SaaS implementations.
- Acumen of retention, churn and growth metrics; understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models.
- Ability to prepare, present, and revise forecasts based on risk assessments.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Understand, coordinate, and implement systemic professional learning plans within a partnership.
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Gainsight (preferred), and Microsoft Office.
- Remote work with ability to travel 30-40% of the time.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
We are proud to offer employees and their families a comprehensive benefits package:
- Health Care Dependent Care
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Time
- Employee Assistance Program
- 7 Paid Holidays + Annual Winter Holiday Break (Typically the last week of December)
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.