Senior Financial Analyst
Discovery Education is looking for Senior Financial Analysts to support our Product and Engineering Business Units.
As the Senior Financial Analyst of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), you will use your expertise to implement effective finance and budget strategies across Discovery Education. Your work will drive intelligent business decisions around significant spending initiatives.
We are looking for candidates who can work a hybrid schedule, splitting their time between our Charlotte, NC Headquarters and remote work. This job may require up to 10% travel.
Why we think you will love this job:
- You will be working with one of the largest growth units in our company.
- This is a highly-visible role and you will work with senior leadership across the company.
- We are on a growth trajectory and you will have opportunities to advance.
- The work you do will have a direct impact on financial decisions made by our leaders.
You will report to the Sr Director of FP&A.
What you will do:
- Monthly analysis of the company’s financial results which will include working with financial models that generate budgets and long-range plans.
- Business planning and analytical support behind the sales and operations of the company.
- Lead the forecasting of Revenue, Billings/Customer Invoicing, and Expenses across various product streams.
- Create accurate financial reports and analysis that will be included in Board presentations and other external stakeholders.
- Serve as the liaison and strategic connection between finance and our US K-12 business unit leaders.
- Prepare detailed analyses and presentations on various financial and strategic issues.
- Drive business goals, supporting cost optimization initiatives, working capital management, and return on capital by ensuring they are adequately measured, managed, and reported.
- Ad hoc financial reporting project.
- 3 - 5 years of professional level financial planning experience. Private equity experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance and/or accounting with an MBA or equivalent, and/or CFA, or CPA a plus.
- Innovative thinking with a desire to improve processes by leveraging technology to drive efficiencies. Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills and driven to meet critical deadlines.
- Working knowledge of general accounting including capitalization of third-party costs and internal capitalized labor
- Strong excel and modeling skills required.
- Experience with forecasting systems (experience with CCH Tagetik forecasting software a plus).
- Legal right to work in the United States.
We are proud to offer employees and their families a comprehensive benefits package:
- Health Care Dependent Care
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Time
- Employee Assistance Program
- 7 Paid Holidays + Annual Winter Holiday Break (Typically the last week of December)
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.