Director, Partner Marketing
Discovery Education is looking for a Director of Partner Marketing join our Social Impact team. You will develop and implement Go to Market strategies for a wide array of corporate partners, propelling educator engagement and content usage to increase social impact.
The ideal candidate has 7+ years of experience in marketing, with skills including partner marketing program management, messaging development, and full-funnel channel strategy. Must have experience project managing multiple deadline-oriented, cross-functional projects.
The ideal candidate will balance creative thinking with data-driven analytics to inform decisions and strategy, drive execution, and optimize efforts in coordination with Digital, Analytics, and Marketing Operations. Our social impact partners are diverse – big brands, associations, sports teams, thought leaders – which provides candidates the unique opportunity to work across a variety of industries, disciplines and subject areas.
This role will sit on our Charlotte Headquarters with a hybrid work schedule.
About the Role
The right candidate for this dynamic position has a growth mindset and thrives in a high-energy environment. The role will include both client-facing creative work and tactical marketing efforts, with ongoing collaboration with our internal business leaders, account teams, marketing services teams, and external partners with the goal of driving amplification that measurably builds program engagement and usage. This role requires the ability to think strategically, connect the dots, productively collaborate, and the proven ability to translate new ideas into immediate, measurable action, including:
Marketing Strategy – Serve as the liaison between Marketing and the Social Impact business unit, working collectively to identify and solve challenges, aligning on operational standards and providing guidance on best practices related to both engagement and acquisition.
Partnership Support – Work closely with the Social Impact account team leaders to represent marketing and communicate strategic marketing efforts with key social impact partners and in conjunction with new program launches, renewals and other program milestones.
Program Engagement Strategy – Collaborate with engagement manager, marketing services teams & account services leaders to support measurable program success through holistic activation plans that maximize educator engagement as a key driver for program success. Strategic plans include maximizing external partnerships, elevating content through DE direct-to-teacher channels, aligning with DE learning communities, implementing special events, and developing targeted activation across DE’s digital networks.
- 7+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree and/or Master's degree or equivalent work expeirence.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, organizational and verbal/written communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage a diverse workload.
- A proven track record of strategic marketing planning and implement, project management, and exceptional client relations.
- Integrated marketing experience spanning events, social, communications, thought leadership, and/or digital media.
- Strong understanding of evolving digital landscape as it relates to digital media, website engagement, analytics and overall digital and partner marketing strategy.
- Experience leading day-to-day relationships with external partners at all levels; strong work ethic driven by a sense of urgency, flawless organization skills, and ability to inspire others to act and fulfill Discovery Education’s mission.
- Clear understanding of industry trends, current events, anything that may impact the business by reading professional publications, researching all available prospect/product resources and participating in professional organizations.
- Experience in CSR, social impact, or national nonprofit industry is a plus.
- Proficiency in suite of Microsoft Office, CRM/Salesforce preferred, Vidyard, Looker, Airtable, Google Analytics and social platform experience is a plus.
- Ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks.
- Demonstrate a problem solving/solution-oriented approach.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
We are proud to offer employees and their families a comprehensive benefits package:
- Health Care Dependent Care
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Time
- Employee Assistance Program
- 7 Paid Holidays + Annual Winter Holiday Break (Typically the last week of December)
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.