Director, Business Development
Discovery Education is looking for a Director, Business Development to join our CEP team. you will play an instrumental role in the first stages of the sales process with a key focus on pipeline building through strategic outreach, networking and elevating Discovery Education’s brand within communities of existing and prospective partners. You will lead introductory calls and meetings, with a keen focus on determining where there are opportunities to partner and identify next steps to further the prospect. You will own all aspects of your partner pipeline and work in close collaboration with teams across Social Impact. You will have the opportunity to regularly demonstrate your excellent public speaking skills and ability to passionately and enthusiastically drive qualified sales opportunities into the pipeline, reflective of your successful track record in sales and partnership development.
In addition, you will support the Social Impact team as a strategic thought leader in spaces of community impact, citizenship, corporate social responsibility, and ideally education thought leadership as well. You will communicate your insight across the division and within the organization to support Discovery Education’s role as a leader and connector between corporate and educational environments.
Most importantly, you exhibit a professional, collaborative, solution-oriented approach to your work, and possess an authentic desire to make a meaningful difference in public education.
This is a remote role and candidate must be willing to work east coast hours on select days.
About the Role
- Represent Discovery Education at the highest levels within the business community, cultivating, nurturing and developing relationships at the national, regional and local levels to further business objectives.
- Accountable for generating SQLs (sales qualified leads) by converting leads to qualified opportunities, owning all aspects of outreach and cultivation.
- Lead prospect meetings, working collaboratively with DE internal teams to ensure deep and broad-based understanding of DE’s impact and how DE can strategically support our prospective partners’ business objectives.
- Build a proactive, high-impact relationship with the Partnerships team, ensuring strategic and effective collaboration in support of long-cycle divisional objectives.
- Participate in highly conceptual conversations, with ability to listen and strategically innovate in order to best represent DE’s capabilities on calls with prospects including our ability to build comprehensive education solutions to meet CSR objectives.
- Demonstrate excellent public presentation skills, with ability to convey passion and enthusiasm in all client interactions.
- Oversee the development and execution of proactive, consistent, and strategic merchandising efforts to ensure that all key DE stories, press, events, and opportunities are optimized, to key critical stakeholders.
- Ensure prospective partner representation at all appropriate DE field events, trainings, and community events within territory, directing the invitation process and coordinating between teams to ensure flawless client experiences and post-event merchandising.
- Demonstrate exemplary written and verbal communications, attention to detail, and respect for the goals of each prospect/partner/program. This will include, but is not limited to, leading bi-weekly status update meetings, providing detailed recaps of action items and raising up issues in a timely manner and working them to resolution.
- Collaborate with team members to continually expand, enhance, and refine service offerings in order to strategically optimize opportunities and assets.
- Ensure that principles of efficiency, economy and quality are utilized in all work.
- Be creative, thoughtful, and forward thinking looking for breakthrough creative ideas and ways to meet our goals in impactful and effective manner.