Product Manager Lead
Discovery Education is a leading organization in the field of education, committed to providing innovative and curriculum-aligned resources to support teachers in delivering engaging lessons. We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Product Manager to join our team and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our content management platform.
As a Product Manager at Discovery Education, you will be responsible for driving the success of our educational platforms by overseeing various aspects, including the student experience, user journey, user acquisition, content strategy, customer & market understanding, and execution ability. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver a seamless and impactful educational experience for teachers and students alike.
1. Product Knowledge
- Be fully familiar with the products of Discovery Education
2. Product Strategy and Vision:
- Contribute, advocate and work towards the product vision, strategy, and roadmap in alignment with the company's goals.
- Support with conducting market research and analysis to identify opportunities for product enhancements and new features.
3. User Experience and Engagement:
- Champion the user experience and drive engagement throughout all development initiative.
- Collaborate with the content team and specialists to build engaging and pedagogically sound content.
- Collaborate with design and development teams to create an intuitive and user-friendly interface.
4. User Journey and Acquisition:
- Understand and support the user journey from onboarding to ongoing engagement.
- Consider and align product development initiatives to support and impact of user acquisition and retention, whilst ensuring a positive user journey.
5. Content Management:
- Contribute and support the content strategy, ensuring that the platform offers a diverse and comprehensive range of curriculum-aligned resources aligned to the product vision and customer needs.
- Work closely with content creators, educators, and subject matter experts to curate and develop high-quality educational materials.
- Maintaining (and creating) documentation on student work programme algorithms, games, motivational features
6. Customer & Market Understanding:
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of customer needs and market trends.
- Conduct thorough competitor analysis to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Regularly engage with educators, schools, and stakeholders to gather feedback and insights for continuous product improvement.
7. Execution Ability:
- Develop and execute comprehensive plans for product development and enhancement.
- Work closely with scrum master/s and other product managers to ensure change requirements are clear and that work is allocated to sprints according to business needs
- Prioritize tasks and features based on impact, user feedback, and business objectives.
- Ensure effective follow-up on action items and timely resolution of issues.
- Oversee product delivery, ensuring alignment with timelines and objectives.
8. Product Quality:
- Maintain a high standard of product quality through rigorous testing and quality assurance processes.
- Work closely with development teams to address and resolve any quality-related issues promptly.
- Facilitate clear and effective communication across cross-functional teams.
- Keep stakeholders informed on project progress, challenges, and upcoming milestones.
- Communicate with the wider team about updates and upcoming changes
10. Team Management
- Support and line manage the product managers