Technical Business Analyst
Dynamo Software is a leading global FinTech Research and Portfolio Management SaaS provider offering an industry-tailored, highly configurable SaaS platform solving challenges across the alternative investment landscape. For more than 20 years, the Dynamo™ platform has improved the productivity of fundraising, deal, research, investor servicing, portfolio management, and compliance teams worldwide. Collectively, Dynamo’s 1,000+ clients manage over $10 trillion in assets. Backed by the largest Private Equity firms in the world – Blackstone Growth and Francisco Partners, Dynamo is seeking to grow our team based on rapidly increasing demand for our financial technology solutions.
As the Technical Business Analyst, you will have the opportunity to combine your expertise in finance and technology to support the implementation, delivery, and support of our cloud-based investment management and reporting solution, Dynamo. Working closely with a team of Project Managers, Client Success Managers, Support Representatives, and other Business Analysts, you will act as a liaison between clients' front-, middle-, and back-office teams and internal development teams, translating investment industry practices into workable software solutions.
- Engage in meaningful discussions with client accounts, demonstrating the ability to effectively manage complex tasks while maintaining a poised and confident demeanor
- Automate processes and create operational efficiencies for clients by writing scripts with Dynamo workflow engine and deploying changes from staging to production environments with datapacks
- Work alongside senior team members in designing an ETL framework for data integrations with external data providers, leveraging tools such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data integration framework (DIF), SQL Stored procedures, and REST APIs
- Assist in creating tools to automate challenging tasks, specifically around reconciling clients' financial data with data migrated into Dynamo
- Leverage technical expertise to assist other Client Services members in designing and implementing financially and technically complex solutions
- Work with the Product team to integrate new offerings and streamline challenging processes
- Streamline and improve onboarding processes by improving Dynamo documentation across all investment verticals and product modules
- Meet billable utilization rate targets as determined by your manager
- Assist in troubleshooting technical issues relating to Dynamo’s business logic
- Support implementation efforts around more technically oriented projects, such as Fund Admin/Custodian syncs, DIF Integrations, workflow scripting, task automation, and others
- 3+ years of experience working in the financial services industry, ideally within the alternative asset space
- Demonstrated ability to work on challenging projects involving complex requirements, large volumes of data, or global teams.
- Knowledge of the alternative investment industry and performance calculations (TWRR, IRR, and PE multiples), with the ability to translate them into workable software solutions for clients
- Strong technical skills including intermediate Microsoft Excel and SQL, with the ability to use these skills to improve implementation efficiency and streamline client processes
- Additional technical skills such as C#, Visual Studio, REST APIs, and working with JSON and XML formats a plus
- The role may require occasional travel to our clients or to other Dynamo global offices
How success is measured:
- Successful achievement of Professional Services KPI's (utilization, profitability, efficiency, client satisfaction scores, and the ability to be referenced as a successful client, etc.).
- Meeting project success criteria and achieving positive business outcomes across projects within the assigned book of business.
Dynamo Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions and personnel actions at the Company are administered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, qualified mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic carrier status, any veteran status, any military service, any application for any military service, or any other category or class protected by federal, state or local laws. All employment decisions and personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, and termination, are and will continue to be administered in accordance with, and to further the principle of, equal employment opportunity.