Senior System Administration
E2open is the connected supply chain platform that enables the world’s largest companies to transform the way they make, move, and sell goods and services. We connect more than 400,000 partners as one multi-enterprise network. Powered by the network, data, and applications, our SaaS platform anticipates disruptions and opportunities to help companies improve efficiency, reduce waste, and operate sustainably. Our employees around the world are focused on delivering enduring value for our clients.
The Senior System Administrator will be responsible for providing support to E2open data center operations across multiple geographical locations to meet our global customers’ Service Level Agreements and operational requirements. The successful candidate must have excellent large scale infrastructure system implementation experience, as well as possess strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills, and be able to independently work with E2open's cross functional teams across multiple geographical locations.
Major responsibilities include:
- Manage and support E2open data center operations for development, staging, PSR/QA and production environments
- Perform on-call duty and rotation on various data center environments
- Manage and perform weekly scheduled production maintenance to ensure no impact to E2open’s global customers’ Service Level Agreements and operational requirements.
- Build, patch, maintain and upgrade a multitude of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and CentOS systems for E2open’s Development, Staging, and Production environments.
- Work with Network/Security Administrators to define, architect, and design data center operation related matters
- Develop best practices and procedures for system operations and maintenance
- Work with internal and external teams to troubleshoot customer impacting issues
- Ensure that all process are compliant with internal policy and audit requirements and internally approval processes are respected.
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma, Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 3 years' experience managing large scale deployment of RedHat Enterprise Linux , CentOS, AIX and Sun Solaris servers. Relevant system administration certification will be highly advantageous.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in large scale data center virtualization (1000s of servers) VMWare preferable. VMWare certification will be highly advantageous
- Experience in shell scripting and kubernetes will be advantageous
- Working knowledge of quality assurance methodologies and disaster recovery strategy. Experience on inter-site (cross geographical location) DR will be a plus
- Solid knowledge of operating system internals, file system structures, DNS, Email (Postfix) and machine architectures in a UNIX operating system , particularly Solaris, AIX and Linux
- Experience working on large enterprise application deployment in a hosted environment.
- Good written and verbal communication in English language is required.
- Good interpersonal skills, team player, highly motivated, well organized, and result oriented.
- Highly independent and possess high sense of responsibility.
- Fast leaner with strong analytical, diagnostic, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
E2open is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
E2open participates in the E-verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
E2open does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates or preferred vendors. We will not consider unsolicited referrals.