E2open is the connected supply chain platform that enables the world’s largest companies to transform the way they make, move, and sell goods and services. We connect more than 400,000 partners as one multi-enterprise network. Powered by the network, data, and applications, our SaaS platform anticipates disruptions and opportunities to help companies improve efficiency, reduce waste, and operate sustainably. Our employees around the world are focused on delivering enduring value for our clients.
The Application Specialist will work in the Application Operations Team that handles deployment, configuration, support and maintenance of the applications that are hosted by e2open. This role will support the multiple, global platforms in both our private and public cloud datacenters, maintaining the highest availability, though deployment of a resilient and redundant solution architecture.
They will be working closely with the Professional Services, Development, QA and Support functions to understand what is required to deliver a rock-solid platform for our customers. This involves understanding the platform requirements of the software including environmental (memory, disk, CPU, cache…), required 3rd party packages (OS versions, DB release, web servers…), internal dependencies (other software products and embedded packages), configuration requirements (ports, locations, settings…) and security requirements (firewall settings, certificates…).
Day to day responsibilities will vary depending on product assignment but will generally be expected to participate in all activities related to managing the application deployed in the datacenters.
- Actively participates in Application Incident management
- Actively participates in Performance and Capacity management.
- Actively particpates in Disaster Recovery implementation, and testing.
- Administration of middleware supporting e2open applications, for instance, Weblogic, Apache, Tomcat, IBM MQ, and IIS.
- Creates and maintains documentation pertaining to operating the E2open application environment.
- Creates and maintains secure environments for development and testing.
- Ensure full compliance with legal and Company requirements with regards to Trade Compliance and Ethical Business and follow necessary procedures
- Implements change management within the E2open application and middleware environment.
- Installs, updates, maintains, monitors and troubleshoots E2open applications and middleware.
- Manage E2open and proprietary application and related integration points and products
- Manage time effectively to ensure that department (targets, KPIs, order entry etc) are met
- Manage track and report on pre-defined service commitments
- Participate in 24x7 on call rota for major incident handling
- Provides support to Global Support / Onboarding Teams with issues raised by Customers
- Provides, administers and maintains secure environments for development and testing.
- Responds in a timely manner to Incidents
- Responsible for Deployment and Release Management of packages, service packs or fixes
- Responsible for implementation and support of interactions between multiple applications and communications software.
- Responsible for maintaining Client Inventory Management records.
- Works in partnership with Onboarding and Development to perform pre-release performance and functional testing
Qualifications and Experiences
- Experience of AWS and/or OCI Cloud operations
- Working knowledge of EDI / eCommerce
- Experience of Java Virtual Machine tuning and analysis
- Working knowledge of Deployment of Application Servers and Applications
- Working knowledge of Application monitoring tools; i.e., Zabbix, Datadog, Grafana, Kibana
- Working knowledge of IBM MQ, AMQ, other JMS queing technology
- Working knowledge of working with IT compliance policies
- Working knowledge of Virtualisation and Containerisation technology, such as VmWare, Containers,
- Working knowledge of Relational Database Systems (such as Oracle, MS-SQL, MySQL…)
- Working knowledge of scripting; such as Bash, Shell, Perl, Python, Ruby or other.
- Experience of Process and Deployment automation using tools such as Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins etc
- Working knowledge of EAI/Middleware such as Weblogic, Apache, Jboss, Tomcat etc.
- Working knowledge of Windows and/or *NIX OS
- Working knowledge of Supporting an e2open Application or similar enterprise system
- English fluency to business standard essential
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office applications [Excel, Work and PowerPoint] essential
- Demonstrates the e2open Operating Principles and Values
E2open is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
E2open participates in the E-verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
E2open does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates or preferred vendors. We will not consider unsolicited referrals.