Database Administrator (Oracle DBA Admin)
E2open is the connected supply chain platform that enables the world’s largest companies to transform the way they make, move, and sell goods and services. We connect more than 400,000 partners as one multi-enterprise network. Powered by the network, data, and applications, our SaaS platform anticipates disruptions and opportunities to help companies improve efficiency, reduce waste, and operate sustainably. Our employees around the world are focused on delivering enduring value for our clients.
E2open is hiring talented Oracle Database Administrators to join a growing global operations team. As a member of the Database Operations team, you will be joining a high-powered collaborative team responsible for delivery and support of private cloud database technology required for mission critical applications used by major brands across the globe.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be an active contributor in a geographically diverse team of database administrators.
- Responsible for database administration activities for pre-production and production systems supporting globally delivered single and multi-tenant SaaS web applications.
- Develop, maintain, and document scripts for Database Administration.
- Create and maintain global and end-user accounts and access.
- Maintain data files and monitor systems configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Perform database system back-up and recovery functions via RMAN.
- Familiar with Oracle 10g/11g/12c upgrade
- Execute, maintain, enhance Disaster Recovery procedures and strategies.
- Perform problem analysis (AWR) and resolution tasks as part of an on-call support rotation.
- Collaborate with other Global IT teams to provide services and support.
- 2-4 years’ experience with Oracle Database technologies; EE, Grid Control, AWR and ODI
- Oracle 9i, 10g, 12c DB, Oracle 12c RAC/Grid
- Familiar with one or more replication technology (Data Guard/Golden Gate ..etc)
- Experience with MSSQL (2016/Always On) administration is a plus
- 1+ years’ experience with *nix and scripting
Candidates with 2+yr experience with 1 additional DB (MSSQL/MySQL/Postgres/AWS Redshift) platform are highly preferred.
Skills & Qualities:
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and research performance related issues
- Proficient with Oracle Administration
- Proficient with Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Familiarity with SQLServer administration
- Proficient in SQL, PL/SQL and T-SQL
- Proficient with SQL optimization and monitoring
- Familiarity with Perl, Java and/or Python
- Familiarity with Windows and UNIX operating system Administration
- Familiarity with Windows batch or Powershell scripts and UNIX shell scripts
- Familiarity with ETL principles and tools like ODI/Dell Boomi is a plus
- Familiarity with Postgres and MySQL is a plus
- Experience with columnar databases and/or AWS database technologies is beneficial
- Sound technical writing skills
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Must be highly motivated and with a demonstrated high level of initiative
Education & Professional Qualifications:
- S. Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent computer-related education.
Special Work Hours Requirement:
Participate in incident handling and off-hours/weekend maintenance activities, as necessary
E2open is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
E2open participates in the E-verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
E2open does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates or preferred vendors. We will not consider unsolicited referrals.