Senior Software Engineer
E2open is the connected supply chain platform that enables the world’s largest companies to transform the way they make, move, and sell goods and services. We connect more than 400,000 partners as one multi-enterprise network. Powered by the network, data, and applications, our SaaS platform anticipates disruptions and opportunities to help companies improve efficiency, reduce waste, and operate sustainably. Our employees around the world are focused on delivering enduring value for our clients.
Senior Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer role is an intermediate level position within the e2open Development team, creating and updating programs to meet the needs of our customers. Using a variety of software languages, tools and techniques, the Senior Software Engineer delivers high quality products according to the specifications outlined by Product Management according to the standards set across the company.
- Ability to cross train and learn new technologies
- Design, implement and test enhancement feature requests to enhance product functionality as needed with minimal risk to existing product stability, reliability, and performance
- Create unit tests and proactively validates all developed software
- Contribute to design decisions on new features
- Follows best practices for security guidelines internally and in developed software
- Follows product ‘stories’ to create software meeting or exceeding customer needs
- Performs maintenance of components to improve performance and enhance functionality without regression
- Demonstrates technical flexibility, and creativity in problem solving
- Conducts technical investigation of product defects raised by customers or other groups
- Strong teamwork skills
- Suggest improvements to monitoring, system reliability or other factors impacting customer platforms
- Actively contributes to design or process development in a defined scope.
- May participate in development in any of a range of product areas.
- Think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions
- Knowledge of overall development lifecycle, processes, and process improvement
- Provide training and insights to employees on best practices, standards, and other usage criteria.
- Applied knowledge of programming languages
- Baseline knowledge of database structures, queries and performance
- Familiarity with complex data structures, transformations, derivations, serialization…
- General Understanding of queuing theory, message handling, buffer management, threading…
- Use of Open Source including constraints and proper incorporation
- Experience with User Interface/Experience design, testing, constraints, validation, technologies
- Understanding of API design and development with security, backwards compatibility, validation, error handling…
- Understanding of interface security, data encryption, ethical hacking and denial of service attack prevention
- Experience with software build technologies including source control, build and branching, automation.
E2open is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
E2open participates in the E-verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
E2open does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates or preferred vendors. We will not consider unsolicited referrals.