Associate Accountant (Account Payable)
E2open is the connected supply chain platform that enables the world’s largest companies to transform the way they make, move, and sell goods and services. We connect more than 400,000 partners as one multi-enterprise network. Powered by the network, data, and applications, our SaaS platform anticipates disruptions and opportunities to help companies improve efficiency, reduce waste, and operate sustainably. Our employees around the world are focused on delivering enduring value for our clients.
The purpose of this role is to correctly, timely and efficiently execute the Accounts Payable Associate function for the administrations performed by the Global Shared Service Centre (GSSC) of E2open in Kuala Lumpur. The GSSC is performing the administration and Accounting for several entities in Europe, North America and Asia.
- Processing PO invoices and Non PO invoices in multiple languages and currencies
- Process company credit card statements in accounting system and ensure timely payments.
- Prepares journal entries, recurring entries, and reversing entries
- Monitoring supplier’s payment terms and balances.
- Corrects errors by posting adjusting journal entries.
- Provides AP helpdesk to the organization in terms of process and queries related to payments and accounting
- Review, analyze, and respond to external supplier inquiries and perform supplier statement of account reconciliations
- Contact business for pending approvals on processed invoices.
- Generate open PO reports and follow up with business to get status update on overdue PO’s.
- Process procurement requests and submit them for approvals in the company’s procurement process.
- Identify VAT/Tax requirements and prepare VAT/ GST Reports for statutory filing
- Provides information to reconcile bank accounts.
- Reconcile accounts payable ledgers;
- Keeps information confidential.
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with local financial legal requirements.
- Work closely with local countries and other business partners ensure the AP operation runs smoothly.
- Participate in the AP projects in line with our company’s expansion
- Other ad-hoc tasks arises in the nature of work
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Professional accounting qualification (LCCI, AAT, ACCA, etc) or a diploma in accounting –candidates undergoing qualification will also be considered
- Prior Experience in Shared Service Center environment with 1 to 2 years of A/P role experience is preferred
- Trustworthy with an eye for detail, full of integrity
- Familiarity with MS Office and ERP accounting programs
- Ability to read, write & speak other languages is an added advantage
- Ability to problem-solve, both independently and working as a team
- Strong computer skills, including specific knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.). Broad experience with other software and financial systems is desired such as Concur or Netsuite.
- Requires strong analytical and quantitative skills, strong work ethic and adaptable.
E2open is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
E2open participates in the E-verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
E2open does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates or preferred vendors. We will not consider unsolicited referrals.