Staff Software Engineer
E2open is the connected supply chain platform that enables the world’s largest companies to transform the way they make, move, and sell goods and services. We connect more than 400,000 partners as one multi-enterprise network. Powered by the network, data, and applications, our SaaS platform anticipates disruptions and opportunities to help companies improve efficiency, reduce waste, and operate sustainably. Our employees around the world are focused on delivering enduring value for our clients.
Staff Software Engineer
The Staff Software Engineer role is an advanced level position within the e2open Development team, creating and updating programs to meet the needs of our customers. Using a variety of software languages, tools and techniques, the Staff Software Engineer delivers high quality products according to the specifications outlined by Product Management according to the standards set across the company.
- Able to communicate well with others
- Ask questions without hesitation. Pursue resolution diligently until an answer is provided
- Write clearly, concisely and at a level appropriate for the intended audience
- Create and document best practices guidelines and knowledge base articles.
- Structure communication for optimal readability and retention
- Communicate complex information to internal and external audiences.
- Contribute to proposals and other customer communications
- Direct interaction with customers and vendors.
- Applied knowledge of programming languages
- Strong Knowledge of database structures, queries and performance
- Experience with complex data structures, transformations, derivations, serialization…
- Experience with queuing theory, message handling, buffer management, threading…
- Experience with the use of Open Source including licensing models, constraints and proper incorporation
- Experience with User Interface/Experience design, testing, constraints, validation, technologies
- Experience with API design and development with security, backwards compatibility, validation, error handling…
- Knowledge of interface security, data encryption, ethical hacking and denial of service attack prevention
- Thorough understanding of operating systems, file systems, virtual machine management, maintenance, performance
- Basic understanding of network configuration including firewall usage, router management, load balancing
- Familiarity with deployment technologies including Docker, Chef, Terraform
- Expertise in using software build technologies including source control, build and branching, automation
- Able to cross train and learn new technologies
- Design, implement and test enhancement feature requests to enhance product functionality as needed with minimal risk to existing product stability, reliability and performance
- Creates unit tests and proactively validates all developed software
- Contributes to design decisions on new features
- Troubleshoot defects independently
- Work with and assist other departments with any technical issues that arise
- Follows best practices for security guidelines internally and in developed software
- Follows product ‘stories’ to create software meeting or exceeding customer needs
- Research and design of new architectures with leading edge technology
- Maintenance of existing components to improve performance and enhance functionality without regression
- Demonstrates technical flexibility, and creativity in problem solving
E2open is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
E2open participates in the E-verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
E2open does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates or preferred vendors. We will not consider unsolicited referrals.